keyboard command assignment

under Markers the key shortcut “I” and then “S” creates a CD marker point.
when i want to assign that function to a different key shortcut I can not find the command that i want to change in the list.
a similar problem arises with other pre assigned key shorts.
any insight?

thanks

I don’t see what you mean. Please give an accurate example.

hi phillipe.
the key short to create a CD track marker is “I” and then “S”.
i open the key command assignment page to assign a different key short to that function.
but if i search for the “create CD track divider” command nothing shows. if i search for the existing key short “i” nothing shows.
so i am unable to reassign a new key command.

You must call this function:

very helpful phillipe. that worked great. thanks!
i wonder why the key commands are not part of the “options/customise commands” menu at the top, but a sub function in the marker tab.
i have the same problem re-assigning the command for “toggle loop playback” = “/” to a different key as i can not find the entry under customising commands.
so far i discovered 2 locations from where to customise commands: 1. in the main Options pull down and 2. under Functions in the Marker tab. are there other hidden locations for more key commands?

while getting into WL8 i also encountered a couple of other oddities:

1.when i place a plugin into the master section the plugin window stays always hidden behind the various floating meters that i placed on my right monitor (the left monitor is for the main window) and i have to hide the floating window to be able to see the plugin GUI.

2.when i use the “show/hide floating meters” button at the top it hides all open floating meters except the “loudness meter” which i have to separately hide by pressing the dedicated button.

3.in WL6 i was able to sort plugins in self created folders according to my needs. now it seems i can not do that anymore and have to adopt one of the given groupings like “vendor” or “type” with very strange results.

thanks

For the Loop shortcut, see:
2013-05-11_14-37-27.png

1.when i place a plugin into the master section the plugin window stays always hidden behind the various floating meters that i placed on my right monitor (the left monitor is for the main window) and i have to hide the floating window to be able to see the plugin GUI.

Is your Master Section floating? or inside the Control Window?

2.when i use the “show/hide floating meters” button at the top it hides all open floating meters except the “loudness meter” which i have to separately hide by pressing the dedicated button.

Right. This will be corrected in 8.0.2

3.in WL6 i was able to sort plugins in self created folders according to my needs. now it seems i can not do that anymore and have to adopt one of the given groupings like “vendor” or “type” with very strange results.

You can do this in WaveLab 8, and mode. Have another look.

Philippe

Is your Master Section floating? or inside the Control Window?

yes, the master section and meters are all floating.

"3.in WL6 i was able to sort plugins in self created folders according to my needs. now it seems i can not do that anymore and have to adopt one of the given groupings like “vendor” or “type” with very strange results.

yes, i figured it out. always nice to have a little brain gymnastics when you have the time. would be good to have an easy tutorial somewhere though…