Keyboard focus - oddities whilst plugin UI open

Just got the very nice ‘Type A’ plugin from Audiothing. I have it applied as a clip effect.

It doesn’t let WL behave well when its UI is open and I try to use WL shortcut keys (eg - Transport). Mostly, I’m constantly having to re-click on WL’s or Type A GUI to focus when/where key commands are active. There’s a bit of randomness here too because sometimes it seems the keyboard ‘Spacebar’ (or ‘Enter’ and ‘0’ from Numpad) will function as expected (Stop/Start), even though I’ve just adjusted a parameter in ‘Type A’ - and not clicked to re-focus the WL UI. Sometimes I can re-focus to WL UI and yet the shortcuts refuse to work.! (Type A UI is open all the while).

Its all a bit weird. Same deal with Tokyo Dawn Labs plugins (SlickEQ, Kotelnikov, Nova). All are 64bit and VST2; the AudioThing plugin is VST3 edition. None of these issues in Cubase/Studio One, whatsoever.!

Why is WL so picky…? Steinberg plugs (MasterRig) seem to work flawlessly by the way. No re-clicking back and forth needed, to focus the UI etc…

Don’t think this is anything that new to be honest; haven’t been relying on WL for Mastering for a while now, but remember similar ‘fickleness’ with other plugins behaviour, from the past.

Anyone else, anything similar…?
Cheers,
Bob

having the same problem, it is a real PITA. I hope wavelab devs fix this or provide configuration option for VST to not take over keyboard. IMO transport keys should not be taken over by VST’s.

When a plugin has the focus, a keyboard shortcut is always directed first to the plugin. Whether the plugin uses it or not is the decision of the plugin. Whether the plugin redirects it to the host (WaveLab), is also the decision of the plugin.