Keyboard Setup Please help!

hi there please help!! I have 2 keyboards, a Roland JUNO-106 & a Yamaha PSR-275. Neither are on the midi setup list and I’ve got no idea what channel ect to put in. Can someone please help!!

What exactly are you trying to do?

Bring audio in from the keyboards?
Bring MIDI in from the keyboards?
Route MIDI out from Cubase to the keyboards and then bring the resultant audio back in to Cubase?

Also: What version of Cubase?

I’m trying to bring midi in from the keyboards & I’m using version 5

When set to the proper MIDI input (and no MIDI filters are used), Cubase will record all channels.

By “midi setup list” I’m assuming you mean “midi devices”. The only reason you would need them there is if you wanted to change patches on your keyboards from within Cubase.

Just plug them into your MIDI interface, set the input on the midi track to the correct port, and go.

By “midi setup list” I’m assuming you mean “midi devices”. The only reason you would need them there is if you wanted to change patches on your keyboards from within Cubase.

And even then, you can easily send MIDI Events (e.g. Program Change) to your external syntheizers.

Adding a MIDI Device is really only necessary when you want a more “seemless” (or maybe “transparancy” between different synthesisers) experience, and program names instead of numbers (but since at least the Juno 106 has numbered program anyways, no problem).