Keyboard shortcut for cursor

Hi.

Well, I’m stumped. On stop, I can’t figure out how to get the cursor back to where I started playback from.

The attached image shows the keyboard shortcut, and I found the button that lets me do this - but I can’t get the keyboard shortcut to work. It looks like it’s “,” and “<” but these are on the same key!
Screen Shot 2015-05-01 at 2.35.09 PM.png
I tried searching for this function in the keyboard shortcut list, but of course I can’t find it.

So I’ll ask you - is there some mystery to how keyboard shortcuts work?

Thanks,

jb

In your picture, it’s ‘K’, then ‘<’. However, if you have a number keypad on your keyboard, it should simply be ‘0’ to go back to where you started, and once again for the start of the file.

Thanks Arjan - I’m looking for a command that takes the cursor back to where I was automatically, so as soon as I hit stop, my cursor immediately goes to where it was. I know about the 0 button, and I can see that there is an icon that will do it - but I can’t decipher the key command.

Can someone give me a translation of what that command is?

I can take a look for you in the morning.

I’ve struggled with this now and then when settings randomly reset or setting up a new computer. You’d think selecting the option you show in your picture would be the answer but I remember there being an extra step to it. I just can’t remember exactly right now without looking around.

In my opinion, having the cursor always start from the same spot until otherwise moved should be the default for all DAWs but it’s not.

I’ll help you find it, next time I have Wavelab open (in the morning US time).

I’m looking for a command that takes the cursor back to where I was automatically, so as soon as I hit stop, my cursor immediately goes to where it was.

Did you try this?:
2015-05-05 07_19_07.png