Keyboard shortcuts for tremolos?

I see listings in the keyboard shortcuts to remove tremolos from a selection, but I can’t find listings for creating tremolos. Would someone mind pointing me in the right direction?

Many thanks,
Sam

Unfortunately you can’t set keyboard shortcuts for adding tremolos at the moment. I’ll make a note of this. (The reason it’s not possible is that some commands require parameters – in this case, the number of tremolo strokes – and these need some special handling in the dialog.)

Was this functionality ever added? This is a big workflow slowdown for me. I don’t mind hacking prefs files or otherwise MacGuyvering a solution.

No, unfortunately at the moment this can’t even be MacGuyvered. It’s on our list for the future.

Michael, in the meantime, could this be mapped to Dorico’s macro? (Option-Shift-Command-R)

I suspect Daniel would have suggested this, but I’ll look into it!

For what it’s worth I spent a decent chunk of my weekend making it possible to create tremolos via both key commands and indeed via a popover, so this is something that will definitely be addressed in the next release, when it comes.

That’s simultaneously great and awful speed of service. :slight_smile:

Thanks Daniel! Were you able to fix complications when dealing with dotted values tremolos? (That always requires to rewrite with force duration…)

No, I was just adding some more UI.

Great news — this will be extremely helpful.

Did it come yet, or were you referring to v.4.0?

David

It’s already possible. In the Shift+R popover, type e.g. /// for a three-stroke tremolo, or if you have two notes selected, type 2/// for a two-note tremolo with three strokes. Type 0 to remove the tremolo.

Thank you, Daniel! I dont know why I was unable to find this valuable addition.

Best,

David

I’m kinda surprised by Daniel’s advice… I think the 2 is after ///. And actually, you can type 32 in the popover (this is how I’ve been using it for three years) if you need a three strokes multinote tremolo.

1 Like

Just put it down to my faulty memory. Singers aren’t often asked to perform tremolos, so it’s not something I write very often when I’m using the software myself!

1 Like

You’re right. I think I have never ever sung a multinote tremolo (not intentionally at least). But vocal scores are litterally stuffed with multinote tremolos. They’re everywhere in the piano part — that is why I asked for the feature to allow multinote tremolos without resorting to force duration (when tied notes might be involved). Maybe in Dorico 4? :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers: