Keyboard shows up on Device Manager but not on Cubase Midi P

G’day folks,

Infuriatingly, I can’t seem to get Cubase 5 to recognize my Yamaha DGX-640 keyboard. It used to recognize it fine but then I sent my PC off to a repair guy who reset the PC back to factory settings. Since reinstalling Cubase 5, it doesn’t seem to want to recognize the Yamaha DGX-640 even though it is showing up on the PC’s Device Manager under “Other Devices”. It just doesn’t show up on the Midi Ports Setup on Cubase for some reason.
Any ideas how I can fix this?

Many thanks

Hound

I may be wrong, but your keyboard showing up in “Other Devices” sounds wrong. It should appear in “Sound, Video and Game Controllers”. Maybe you don’t have correct driver installed or some kind of driver conflict has happened.
You may try:

1. Install Yamaha’s MIDI driver (if any exists). Did you receive one with your keyboard on CD? Search Yamaha’s website for one.
  2. Move your keyboard to different USB port on your PC.

Thank you for this. Downloading and installing the driver solved the problem. I hadn’t thought it needed it as this wasn’t necessary before but anyway, all’s well that ends well. Thanks for your message :slight_smile:

You’re welcome. It’s always pleasure to help a fellow musician.