Keycommands for Playback-Speed

Hey PG,

how do I define Keycommands to change the Playback-Speed?
Can`t find “Wiedergabegeschwingigkeit” in the Keycommand Search. :astonished:

This was definately possible in WL7.

P.S.: What about adding Volume compensation in that menu when running Playback on higher speed (it`s always lower a couple of dB)

Cheers,
Stanley

It’s possible, but different than before: in WaveLab 8, you can define Transport presets, and the speed settings are part of them.
2013-05-20_23-44-56.png
This means, your shortcuts will load various Transport preset with different speed settings, if you wish.

Hey PG,

I just can`t get the hang of how this is suppose to work.
Can you explain how to configure this.

Thanx.

There is a long explanation about this in the manual, starting from page 112 (english PDF). Did you read this? If yes, what part you don’t understand?
The sub-chapter “Save Transport Bar Presets Dialog” is especially important for your initial request.

I was about to post this exact question, but I decided to first search the forums in case someone else posted it.

All the customize commands need to be under one place, instead of relegated to the various submenus. It’s really time-consuming and frustrating searching for a shortcut in three separate places. They’re not even called the same thing. For general commands under Options, it’s called “Customize Commands.” For master section commands, it’s called “Customize Shortcuts.” For transport bar commands, it’s called “Edit Shortcuts.” When searching for a command, I might remember that the shortcut I want to change is currently mapped to “Shift+Ctrl+Home” but not the specific shortcut name. If all the customize commands dialogues were under one roof, I could “search by keyboard shortcut” and it would appear, no matter which section it’s located in.

I read the manual, and it was not at all obvious that the Playback Speed shortcuts would now have to be changed through the transport bar presets dialog. After using Wavelab 8 since the first month it was released, I only just now figured this out because you said it in this thread. I recommend adding on page 124 of the manual under “Playback Speed Dialogue” (which is where those who used Wavelab 7 prior to 8 will first go to find out why the Speed shortcuts mysteriously disappeared) a note that says something like this: “Playback Speed Customize Commands have been deprecated. You now define Playback Speed along with other Transport options using ‘Save Transport Presets’ (see page 127).”

But I still have a question. My Playback Speed shortcuts carried over from Wavelab 7. See picture. I now want to switch two of these keyboard shortcuts. How do I do this? If I can’t, then why are my shortcuts working and showing up in this image? Let’s say you tell me I need to delete them all and recreate them using “Save Transport Presets.” Ok, fine. But how do I delete them when they are deprecated? (Yet they still work.)
PlaybackSpeed.JPG

But I still have a question. My Playback Speed shortcuts carried over from Wavelab 7. See picture. I now want to switch two of the keyboard shortcuts. How do I do this? If I can’t, then why are my shortcuts working and showing up in this image? Let’s say you tell me I need to delete them all and recreate them using “Save Transport Presets.” Ok, fine. But how do I delete them when they are deprecated? (Yet they still work.)

When importing WaveLab 7 shortcuts, the WaveLab 8 version forgets to clear the deprecated shortcuts. Hence what you see. You could erase them by deleting this file:
AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\WaveLab 8\Preferences\CustomActions.dat
But that will also remove any other shortcut attributed to a preset (ie. this will not erase all shortcuts, but only those attributed to a WaveLab preset).

The way to use Speed presets in WaveLab 8, is to set the transport bar in the desired state, and attribute shortcut to this preset.

I don’t want to lose my other preset shortcuts. But when I assign a shortcut to a transport preset and use a key combination previously used in a playback speed shortcut, it should ask me to remove the previous assignment. So I’ll just do that then.