I just had this issue and wanted to let other Cubase users know. I did the Keyscape 1.1 update and after doing so I could not take keyscape out of my template, I could not deactivate the track or remove the plug from the instrument channel.
The first sign of trouble was when my Cubase projects would not fully close. I would have the beach ball for a long period of time and I would have to force quit (end task) Cubase to open a new project.
Eventually, I found that keyscape was the problem.
I fixed this by trashing the original .dll file and then ran the 1.1 update again and all is well.
This may only be a Windows 10 issue but I thought you should know.