Keyswitch Assignable Lyrics

Hello Team behind Dorico,
Still I’m not a Dorico user, but I didn’t see on the videos and in the previous Dorico trials an option to assign Keyswitches to lyrics.
Would be nice if you make it possible, because there are many choral and solo vocal libraries which allows phrase, or letter assignment to keyswitches.
This improvement would be very welcomed by those who work mostly with virtual instruments.

Thank you in advance! :slight_smile:

Greetings :slight_smile:

We don’t have any current plans to make lyrics trigger keyswitches, but I would not rule many things out for the future.

Thank you for the reply, Daniel! :slight_smile:
Would be really nice if put this request in your list. :slight_smile: As you know the lyrics are important for the overall sound of the choral music themes, so we’ll
need to somehow (in more intelligent way) trigger the keyswitches in our favorite libraries.

Thank you in advance! :slight_smile:

I’m puzzled why user-created playing techniques would not be more convenient than lyrics to trigger keyswitches through Expression Maps.

I imagine that Thurisaz is talking about choral VSTs that can produce Aah and Ooh sounds, along with the odd consonant. I’ve never heard one that actually sounds like real human beings, but if you want your choir to sing “ooh” then it would seem semantically appropriate that “ooh” would be a lyric, not a Playing Technique.