Knobs and buttons are working but no sound

Try enabling MIDI pass through.

Hi,
Since I’m using the Elements version I cannot seem to use that plugin… Or am I wrong?

Hi,

No, you are right…

I’m sorry, I run out of ideas.

Hi,
Ok. I will try contacting Steinbergs support. Thank you very much for your help even tho the problem remains. Thank you! :slight_smile:

Try enabling MIDI pass through in preferences.

I know this is an old thread, and I assume the problem has been taken care of, but I noticed in the screenshot that the input monitoring button isn’t switched on for the track. from what I can tell from this screen shot you shouldn’t be hearing anything from your midi keyboard until you hit that button. Its the little speaker icon looking thing next to the record arm button. It will light yellow when activated.

Hopefully this helps someone. I’m having a similar issue but I have yet to find the solution for my situation. Back to the Google I go!

Hi, Did you find any solution? I am also facing exactly the same issue… Guide me through…

I also have the same issue. Did anyone find a solution?

Does this help at all

Thanks for the suggestion! I tried it, but it didn’t solve my problem.

I did however find a partial solution:

• All the boxes for the Komplete keyboard are checked in my settings in MIDI Port Setup.
  • In Cubase > Settings > MIDI, it’s necessary to check the box for “Midi Thru Active”. - In Cubase > Settings > Editing Project & Mixconsole, I had to check the box “Enable Record on Selected MIDI Track”.

If I do that, most things seem to work: using the transport buttons and the Mute/Solo button, playing the instrument on the selected channel, and using the pitch controller on the keyboard. It also doesn’t seem to matter what Auto Monitor settings I use under Preferences > VST, and strangely those settings no longer change the activation of the Monitor button on the track or the monitoring behavior. Even pressing the Monitor button manually makes no difference for the monitoring behavior.

What does NOT work is the integration that allows you to browse instruments and instrument sounds via the keyboard display. So while these settings work for basic MIDI use, the 500€ keyboard now just does the same this as any 100€ keyboard. The screens on the keyboard just show the MIDI screen. So this is a pretty disappointing solution, but at least I can write some music again.

Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver.
Are you using the internal audio of your computer?