Komplete Kontrol Issue

I found that no controller selected in Controller menu and when I selected it, everything worked fine.
kontrol

UPD. But it looks like it didn’t quite solve the problem with duplicated tracks.

Yes, you can temporarily connect to the tracks this way, but you’d have to do it every time - the connection doesn’t hold to any tracks that have been duplicated or disabled/enabled.

Guess what, still not fixed in 11.0.30! Ridiculous!!! Thank god 10.5.0.20 still works!

Guys, I had this problem… but.
I bought a new computer and rebuilt my OS.
It works now.

I’m a windows user and the one thing I have kind of noticed is that in some circumstances the Komplete Kontrol Device Id gets duplicated and then Cubase points to the wrong one. Just a thought, but Komplete reinstall did the trick :slight_smile:

Are you sure you’re talking about the same issue? Try creating a project with a few KK tracks, disable the KK tracks, save, reload project, enable kk tracks, do you see all of the appropriate controls on your KK keyboard display (or just midi ccs) ?

Just tested exactly that. 3 times and yes it works correctly every time.

Not for me

Again, it works perfectly in 10.5.0.20 cut still not in 11.0.30. I tried a re-install of KK and it changed nothing

when I said Komplete reinstall, that was a joke, I meant a complete reinstall of Windows… Not just KK.

OK, but it still doesn’t work and I’m not about to re-install Windows when it works fine in 10.5

Windows “System File Checker” will fix broken files without a complete re-install
Run command: sfc /scannow.

Again, THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WINDOWS! It is a Cubase 11 issue! Works fine in Cubase 10.5.20 (but don’t update to 10.5.30 because that breaks KK as well).

Also have the same problem with my S1 in C11.0.30 Windows (no komplete track instr. proper refresh on the displays) but I think I found a workaround that works well for me so far:

I just set off the on/off button in the Quick Control Inspector view and and TADA, it updates again my instruments settings, even more surprising is when I closed the app and reopened it (not saving anything in between) and it kept working fine …

Probably will happen again soon but I think i can avoid reinstalling 10.5.20 with this fast workaround.

Also not sure it matters but my komplete kontrol S1 mini (useless?) window is open currently when i use it in my main arrange workspace.

Note that in my Studio one latest update, it continues to work fine (got the latest 5.3 update, again free BTW). these guys are just close to Hamburg maybe they should hire/contract them ?

EDIT: Can still reproduce the duplicate track pb and also the instrument bad display on reload ,with NO workaround for the duplicated track issue

You had my hopes up, but it didn’t make any difference for me.

Okay sad to read that, did you experiment with a different song template at startup ?
Did you try on a different usb port? (I use a dedicated port, no USB hub and run an intel i9, no ryzen which had been known for intermittent usb problems though they published a bios fix)
Also is it intermittent for you as it is for me ? My template only runs 3 instances of them on 3 tracks and it switches from one another properly after that trick. Can’t reproduce the problem today since.

(BTW I use an S MK2 series with Komplete Ultimate and latest firmware 0.5.9, Komplete plugin version 2.6.2 (R211) )

EDIT: Could reproduce the issue with no workaround when duplicating a komplete instrument
track,
but if I create just another track instead and restore the same program it seems to work fine. Similar to upper report and video of @GPnicolett. Sorry for the false positive hope, there are so many different issues with komplete and cubase :frowning:
I dont have any issue so far with S1 5.3.0 and komplete…

Exactly. Either copying a KK track OR (in my case more importantly) saving a template with several KK tracks disabled and then re -enabling . Again, works perfectly in 10.5.20!

This was linked to in another post that i was reading, so been checking it out myself. And yes, get the disconnect with my controller and KK plugin when a track is duplicated.

However, there is a workaround I discovered:-

If you open up the right sidebar for the VSTi racks (Or press F11), if you go to Page 2 and then back to Page 1 (Can also use a mouse scroll) it will re-read the plugin NIKBxx reference and give you control as expected:-

Based on programming i’ve done with NI controllers in the past, you would think it’s the NIKBxx ID reference which is the problem, although they seem to get a unique reference each duplication - but the komplete wrapper may be reading the remote editor data in perhaps?

i.e. If you go to '“Switch to generic editor” view in the plugin, and scroll upwards one line you can see the NIKBxx numbers are unique for each plugin, hence why it loads ok if you reload project :-

What the fix is, i don’t know - but hopefully this gets Steinberg moving on it- do we have any official acknowledgement please?

3 Likes

Fascinating. Can you email Steinberg this info? They’ve acknowledged to me over email that they’re aware of the bug but haven’t yet logged it for a fix.

Same problem here (Cubase 11.0.30) … KompleteKontrol is horrible on cubase and seems to never get fixed…

This particular issue needs to be fixed, obviously. And I hope it gets sorted out soon.

However, Komplete Kontrol as a whole is not “horrible” on Cubase. I have used Komplete Kontrol in Cubendo every day since 2015, both the plug-in and the keyboard itself, and most of the time it has worked perfectly.