Komplete Kontrol VST plugin crashes every time upon deletion of instrument track

Sadly experiencing an issue with Komplete Kontrol and Cubase 9.5 Pro (all latest versions).

After initialising KK as an instrument track attempting to delete the track only yields a crash.

Really have been enjoying the flair of Cubase 9.5 but this is sadly taking me back to Logic X where no crash occurs. Any suggestions?

I have removed preferences and restarted on numerous occasions to no avail, the issue still happens.

Sad as KK is so great for browsing through pre-sets and the integration into allowing midid control is slick.

Model: MacBookPro13,3, BootROM MBP133.0242.B00, 4 processors, Intel Core i7, 2.9 GHz, 16 GB, SMC 2.38f7
Graphics: Radeon Pro 460, AMD Radeon Pro 460, PCIe
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 530, Intel HD Graphics 530, Built-In
Memory Module: BANK 0/DIMM0, 8 GB, LPDDR3, 2133 MHz, 0x802C, 0x4D5435324C31473332443450472D30393320
Memory Module: BANK 1/DIMM0, 8 GB, LPDDR3, 2133 MHz, 0x802C, 0x4D5435324C31473332443450472D30393320
AirPort: spairport_wireless_card_type_airport_extreme (0x14E4, 0x15A), Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (7.77.37.29.1a7)
Bluetooth: Version 6.0.5f3, 3 services, 27 devices, 1 incoming serial ports
Network Service: Wi-Fi, AirPort, en0
PCI Card: pci1b73,1100, USB eXtensible Host Controller, Thunderbolt@70,0,0
USB Device: USB 3.0 Bus
USB Device: eLicenser
USB Device: iBridge
USB Device: USB 3.0 Bus
USB Device: USB3.1 Hub
USB Device: Hub
USB Device: LG UltraFine Display Camera
USB Device: USB2.1 Hub
USB Device: Keyboard Hub
USB Device: Apple Keyboard
USB Device: KOMPLETE KONTROL S49 MK2
USB Device: Maschine MK3
USB Device: Hub
USB Device: USB Controls
USB Device: USB Audio
USB Device: Portable SSD T5
Thunderbolt Bus: MacBook Pro, Apple Inc., 33.1
Thunderbolt Device: UltraFine 5K, LG Electronics, 1, 9.4
Thunderbolt Bus: MacBook Pro, Apple Inc., 33.1

No issues here on Windows, no matter which NI plugins I load inside it. For issues with complex plugins such as this one, it’s usually a good idea to contact the developer’s support. NI seems to be able to help almost everyone having issues with Komplete Kontrol. If they’re unable to help you, try contacting Steinberg support.

Ah OK thanks for responding. Hopefully they can do something about this. So annoying when everything else is running seamless. Thanks again.

I had some issues with my S49 after a cubase crash in 9.0 trashed the preferences file. Even after restoring the full 9.0 files it wouldn’t work properly until I set it up again using DirectMusic midi ports. Now it’s working fine again. Might be worth a try.

Thanks for writing. The keyboard works fine the problem is I can’t delete the track with a Komplete Kontrol in without Cubase always crashing. Gutted!

I’ve written to Native Instruments and Steinberg support now so I’ll see what they say. I’m rather surprised that trawling through this forum I could see no other users logging this complaint. I guess I’m just that ‘one’! Back to Logic X it is then until I get this sorted…

Maybe it is the same problem as this:

Cubase doesn’t crash for me in this case either. Sounds like a Mac thing.

It might well be a Mac thing. Thanks for bringing that post to my attention Ram242. I ran it earlier on a new project and had no crash and was hopeful then tried another new project and back to crashing on deleting Komplete Kontrol tracks. I’ve got 12 days left on the demo and was going to Crossgrade not sure now.

So I got an answer from Native Instruments today and a solution. There is a known bug/issue between Cubase Pro 9.5.21 and Komplete Kontrol v2.0.0.
They have apparently had numerous users contact them and it is something that their development team can replicate on their Mac systems. They assure me they are working on an update to fix the problem. In the meantime it is advised to roll back Komplete Kontrol to version 1.9.3. I have done this and I am no longer having Cubase crash on me when deleting the instrument track with Komplete Kontrol loaded in.

Now I can cross-grade!

:laughing: