Kontakt 5 - Interesting...

I still don’t have my computer back, so I’m adding minimal amounts of software, incrementally, to my work laptop as needed to accomplish targeted musical goals.

So I’m looking at Kontakt 5 Player and am trying to determine if it has the 9 instruments I use most (trumpet, alto, tenor, trombone, violin, viola, cello, double bass, and jazz upright) by visiting the NI website. That’s when I come across this:

Q: I use my sample libraries in the KONTAKT 5 PLAYER. What is the benefit of purchasing the full-version KONTAKT 5?
A: Besides the 43 GB (uncompressed) premium sound library (including Vienna Symphonic Library orchestra) well over 1,000 production ready instruments are at your fingertips…

I never realized that the VSL samples were included in Kontakt 5. Interesting…

Yeah, I use the VSL samples a lot. I have them loaded (with Kontakt 5) on a second computer using Vienna Enseble Pro.
BTW, Kontakt is 50% off today…

Yeah, I know. I own Komplete 9. My ex-to-be thought it would be a good idea to confiscate my computer because there “is damaging evidence on it that I could use in court.” It’s hogwash because we aren’t going to court, but in the meantime that is my studio PC with every piece of Cubase related software on it.