Kontakt 6.6.1 and others not showing up on the VST list

Hello, Kontakt 6.6.1 is not showing up on the VST list of Dorico 4.0.30.
I can’t see Contimbre either. Is there a menu to activate or scan my vst?
What about Audio Units?

Dorico does not support Audio Units, so they cannot be loaded. Presumably Kontakt is somehow getting blocked on your system somehow. One thing to try would be to click the Clear Audio Engine Cache button on the VST Plug-ins page of Preferences, then restart Dorico and see whether or not it is then successfully scanned and loaded. If not, please do Help > Create Diagnostic Report and attach the resulting zip file here so that @Ulf can take a look.

thanks for the quick answer.
Here the file:
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (729.9 KB)

Hi @Pablo_Garreton , did you do the Clear Audio Engine Cache?

There are 3 VST3 plug-ins on the blacklist with you, Kontakt, ePlayer and ARIA Player.
And they are all 32bit versions of the plug-in, but we don’t support 32bit, only 64bit.
Are you sure that you installed the 64bit versions?
Did those plug-ins work at some stage with you?

Btw, I also saw that TXLTimecode frequently crashes the audio engine, you should notify TXL20 about it.

Hi Ulf, thanks your answer.
I cleared the Audio Engine Cache.
I use this plugins all the time and I think they are indeed 64 bits. I have never used it in Dorico, I am just starting with the trial version.

Did this only happen since you updated to Dorico 4.0.30?

this ist the first time I use Dorico.

Ah, I see. And they work in other programs you have, but not in Dorico, right?

yes they work in other programs. Finale, Ableton, Logic X etc…

Can you please make a screenshot or listing of /Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST3 ?

Hang on, what if you start Dorico in Rosetta mode, do those plug-ins turn up?

Hi @Pablo_Garreton , the most recent version of Kontakt is 6.7.0. Perhaps you try updating and see, if this does change anything.

1 Like

Yes! there it worked.
It’s probably that the plugins are still not available for native M1.

Okay, then it is clear. Those plug-ins are still Intel-based and need to run in Rosetta mode. Logic, because it’s from Apple, can handle this because of a hidden technology, that Apple does not reveal to us. Therefore you have to wait until the vendors of those 3 plug-ins also bring out M1-native versions of their plug-ins.

1 Like

Is it ok to use Dorico in Rosetta mode?

Yes, sure. It will be only a little bit slower.

Ok, thanks a lot for the support. :slight_smile:

1 Like