Kontakt 7 and Cubase

These are my thoughts also. We upgraded to Kontakt 7 but did not upgrade anything else at this time.

2 Likes

I stumbled upon this in search of my current issues. I have Kontakt 6 and getting the Kernelbase error on launch with only certain projects. Usually ones that are over a year old and using kontakt 6 with Get Good Drums. I learned that a Kontakt 7 upgrade may solve the issue. Problem is all the time Iā€™ve put into creating presets for different drum kits in Kontakt for certain types of projects including projects that need to be recalled are all set to Kontakt 6. To switch to Kontakt 7 at any point would mean a rebuild of any or all of those presets in K7 because K7 will not recognize the K6 vst preset files. Iā€™m thinking this is part of the problem Iā€™m reading above. Although itā€™s nice to have a separate vst that doesnt overwrite K6, its unable to borrow the preset files created by its previous K6 software version. Massive pain.

Overall Iā€™m still not convinced K7 brings anything to the table that I canā€™t already do with K6, which I primarily use only as a means to access certain sample libraries. At the moment, for me, upgrading to K7 is simply not worth the risk of potential pain and wasted time. If Iā€™m going to endure that amount of grief, Iā€™d rather invest the time in resampling the K6 material I actually I use into HALion.

1 Like

Yea, both sound like a lot of work. Iā€™ve heard from some that eventually the architecture of softwares can eventually start to be left behind forcing us to get newer stuff like K7. Prime examle i feel would be K5 users getting crashes. Although tons of people are using K5 Unlocked to keep their old libraries alive which is always the ā€œwell maybe thatā€™s why I crashā€ but you never know.

At the moment I see thereā€™s a half-price deal on upgrading K6 to K7, I may go for that ā€¦ but stay with K6 until such time as I begin hearing that itā€™s stable.

I waited for that one, went from 5 to 7 for 50USD. Uninstalled Kontakt 5, and have opened some old projects, it worked like it was supposed to. VST 3 replaced VST 2. Quite slick. Whoever made this VST tech has a future in music technology!

One awful thing is the larger size of the NI patchesā€™ UI. Itā€™s enormous, to the point of absurdity.

These two patches are identical. One from Kontakt 5, the other from 7.

1 Like

So is the little resize handle in the bottom right corner gone then? I thought this version was to address the tiny text ā€¦ look like they overdid it!

No, itā€™s there, but can only be used to resize vertically.

The font is precisely as tiny as before.

:man_facepalming:

Yeah. Ugh.

Kontakt 7 major update
is to be able to purge all instances at the same time
same with Player version

1 Like

Interesting to read these posts, since Kontakt 7.3.2 is pure frustration here, with Cubase 12.0.60. Kontakt 6 was fine. I bought Komplete 14 Standard and itā€™s been trouble ever since. Iā€™ve spent hours trying to get it to work, but no more. Iā€™d love to know what is going on.

a little more info is needed. Here, aside from my complaints above itā€™s working great in C12.0.60

Well one thing that has happened is the merger with Izotope. Personally I find them to be Mac-centric and not able, or willing, to understand issues on Windows. Just my 2c. I think Iā€™ll be holding off on the K6->K7 upgrade, it seems like a solution to a problem I donā€™t currently have.

OK.

Windows 10 22H2 latest updates. Steinberg UR242 latest USB driver. All NI files kept on a 2tb SSD. Kontakt DirectX/OpenGL requirements met. Native Access 2 used to install Komplete 14. HTH.

@DingALing But you still didnā€™t say what the issue is youā€™re having.

Maybe you should start a new topic with an explanation of what youā€™re seeing.