Kontakt-connection

I hope someone can help me with this. I’m rather a beginner, so this question is possibly very basic. I’m trying to assign a midi-track in Cubase to a Kontakt instrument. I’ve made VST-connections and my soundcard Focusrite Scarlett says it has midi in and out. I assigned the instrument to the midi-track. For input I have “all midi inputs”. But the output says “Kontakt 5 - midi in”. That is strange right, that should be out? I don’t hear anything, although the volume-meter is showing that there should be sound. On the input list there is an option for Kontakt out?? Can someone tell me the steps what I should do to get this right?

But the output says “Kontakt 5 - midi in”. That is strange right, that should be out?

No, thats ok. The output of your midi track is assigned to the midi input of your Kontakt player. In Kontakt you have to chose the right midi input (or all midi in), then you should be able to recive midi signal in Kontakt.
But, if you hear any sound in Cubase is a completly different thing, having nothing to do with midi…

Oswald