Kontakt.dll or Kontakt 7.dll crashes Cubase when loading a Kontakt file 60% of the time

FWIW, the freezedump I was referring to in the post you linked is not an actual Kontakt crash (and it happened in Kontakt 6, too – ever since Cubase 12 came around). Cubase just interprets there is some kind of timeout, which a Ulf from Steinberg explains at:

I’ve actually been working with NI support pretty much ever since I posted the earlier thread, and they’ve had me try many things, but, thus far, there is no solution. I’m actually thinking the timeout on the Cubase side may just be too short (Guitar Rig 6 has the problem, too, and both products only get it on the first start after a reboot, so I think it relates to not having something in disk cache so having to read off hard disk on my system). It isn’t a big problem since Kontakt does (eventually) start okay in the session where this happens, but rather just an annoyance since that means Cubase will prompt to send DMP files to Steinberg every time I start Cubase the day after having had an open instance of Kontakt in a session. I’ve noted, though, that the time stamps on the freezedump.dmp files happen almost immediately after attempting to load Kontakt, not after the 2+ minutes it actually takes for Kontakt to appear.

3 Likes