Kontakt not showing in dorico

Just to confirm: Peter, you are using Windows, right?
(I long ago left FB, so forgive me if you answered this question already there.)

HI Derrek
Yes on windows. Had checked that file path before and Appdata folder not there

Which version of Windows?

Windows 10 64bit

I had this problem too with my Kontakt 6, so i installed K5 and it was ok after… (windows 10, 64bit)

Appdata is a hidden folder – you must make sure you have Windows to show hidden folders. The full path is C:\users\ [your name]\appdata\ etc. If you don’t see the appdata at this stage then you have not enabled the “show hidden folders”. Unless there is something very strange going on!

Hi
It appears that I have Kontakt 6 free version that came with Spitfire studio strings will check if i can download 5
Thanks for that

HI
didn’t know about hidden folders ( not great regarding Tech ) thanks for the help will check that out

Anyway i 'd advise you to install Kontak (5 or 6) after Dorico is installed…

Thanks that was the case

Hi Peter, please do ‘Help > Create Diagnostics Report’ and attach the corresponding zip file here. Depending on what I see, I can give further advice. Thanks

Hi Ulf
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (581.9 KB)
Also now can find APPDATA folder thanks to advice given about showing hidden files

Hi
Thanks for that APPDATA folder now visable

Kontakt is not blacklisted with you, so that means Dorico can’t find Kontakt at all. In the Dorico preferences on the VST Plug-ins tab you need to set the search path to Kontakt in order that Dorico can find it. I don’t know if it is same with you, but here with me Kontakt is installed at C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 64 bit. That path or an appropriate one you need to add to the search paths. If still no success, please post another diagnostics report.

Hi
that worked perfectly thank you. When I tried before didn’t go to vst64bit folder but to program files/native instruments/Kontakt Had checked the 64bit folder but seemed to be empty. Will I have to something much the same to bring it into Cubase Elements 8 which I am also using
Thanks Again
Peter M

Hi
Thanks again didn’t know about show hidden files so APPDATA file now visable
PM

I think that the folder on Ulf’s system is the Native Instruments default but different software vendors all have their own defaults. I think Cubase Elements suggests C:\Program files\Steinberg\ VST2. Check in Dorico (under Preferences–> VST plugins) if that location is already listed then it’s likely it will already be picked up.

To be honest, if you use a lot of vst2’s it is perhaps easiest to simply create your own VST plug-ins folder straight under Program Files for instance and put them all under there as so much time can be wasted trying to find them and creating new paths for them otherwise.

Hi Peter, in Cubase Elements you also need to add that path to the search paths. I don’t know where exactly you do that in Cubase, but I think somewhere in the plug-in manager.

thanks for that as I said not great at tech so really appreciated
PM

Thanks really appreciate the help
PM