Kontakt.vst3 crashes Cubase intermittently

Hey guys,

Sometimes while working on projects Cubase will hang specifically during playback, stutter, then stop playback, after which the program crashes. Booting Cubase back up shows that the problem application is always C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Kontakt.vst3. This happens almost every time I use Cubase for more than 30 minutes. Here are the two most recent dmp files… if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!!

Cubase 11.0.10.321 64bit 2022.5.29 22.03.39.300.dmp (1.7 MB)
Cubase 11.0.10.321 64bit 2022.5.30 13.42.05.398.dmp (1.8 MB)

I know that if @Martin.Jirsak replies, he will suggest you update to the latest version of Cubase 11, 11.0.41. So I make the same suggestion, to at least troubleshoot.

1 Like

Will do! Thanks!

Actually, I doubt that upgrading to the latest version of Cubase will do any good… VST3 causes a number of problems with several brands on the market, and one of them is NI’s Kontakt.

BTW: I have latest version of Cubase 11… my choice to continue using VST2 is precisely because with VST3 I have always experienced instability with various brands, many of them quite well known.

Hi,

Cubase 11 is different story than Cubase 12 in this case.

You mean the problem was Cubase 11 and not the Kontakt vst3 version? to tell you the truth, it sounds a bit strange to me… I believe that at another time steinberg support would have told me to contact NI or try to upgrade to the latest available version of kontakt vst3.

Hi,

There was definitely big amount of fixes from Cubase 11.0.10 to Cubase 11.0.41. It might be, the crash Bassoon is experiencing has been fixed in the updates.

Of course, update to the latest version of Kontakt makes sense.

Maybe I haven’t explained well… I have experienced the same as Bassoon, using Cubase 11.0.41 and the latest version of Kontakt vst3 6.6.0 released on january plus Cubase freezing… I doubt very much that Cubase is the problem or that 12 would fix it, I believe this is vst3 related…

1 Like

One more thread pointing to vst3 unfortunately and few dmp files.

But what is with all the users who have no problems with Cubase 11 and Kontakt? I use exact that combination and had never such problems. I would trie to deactivate one plugin after another. I think its not VST3 and not Cubase. Very often you have a plugin installed that does something wrong with vst3. Most of us have more than 50 different plugins installed. You only need one bad plugin to get strange results.