Korg NanoKontrol Studio plays MIDI note when transport button pushed

I am using the Korg NanoKontrol Studio controller in Cubasis 3.3. Everything works great but when I open a MIDI track and add an InterApp synth like iWavestations or iM1, whenever I push a transport button on the NanoKontrol Studio it plays a MIDI note from the InterApp synth I selected. Why is this? Is there a way to stop this? I have tried all the options for the MIDI settings globally and all the options I see for the individual track but it continues to trigger a MIDI note. When I have a track of any other synth that is not InterApp no MIDI notes are triggered as I would expect.

Same here. I don‘t know why.

Good to hear I’m not the only one…hopefully someone chimes in with a solution or if this is a documented bug.

I didn’t pipe up on this, because I wasn’t certain what you meant….what actual midi note is it (ie what channel number) is it the same each time? Does it play a note, ie, a sound through the speakers? Does the midi note record on a midi track?

When any of the transport buttons is depressed it triggers an on and off MIDI note value which cause that note to sound of the InterApp synth on that track. The same note every time but a different note for each and every button on the NanoKontrol Studio. The play button begins play so sends the MIDI CC number but then it sounds the MIDI note value as well.

Do you know if it does it in any other daw or just Cubasis? So, the cc number represents the control button (ie play etc) and I assume that is totally separate from midi notes? OR are control signals (ie play etc) midi notes? I’m being NO help hahah, sorry, but just trying to get my head around it.

Hi @rooneytunes, Hi all,

Thanks for your message.

I am using the Korg NanoKontrol Studio controller in Cubasis 3.3. Everything works great but when I open a MIDI track and add an InterApp synth like iWavestations or iM1, whenever I push a transport button on the NanoKontrol Studio it plays a MIDI note from the InterApp synth I selected. Why is this? Is there a way to stop this? I have tried all the options for the MIDI settings globally and all the options I see for the individual track but it continues to trigger a MIDI note. When I have a track of any other synth that is not InterApp no MIDI notes are triggered as I would expect.

Could this be because the IAA app (running in the background) is receiving from the MIDI hardware independently from Cubasis? In the IAA app, please select only Cubasis as MIDI input and disable all other MIDI ports.

Please let us know if this helps to resolve the problem.

Thanks
& stay well,
Lars

1 Like

Hi Guys

I found the solution. Open Studio Setup, Midi Port setup and take out the tick for In 'All MIDI for the NanoKontrol

2 Likes