Lanes Blacked Out in Cubase 9.5.10

Hi blongstudio,

FYI - I also have & use the Intel HD Graphics 3000 exclusively on my dedicated audio workstation (i7 2600K). This is a pc running Win7 Pro (x64) & Cubase Artist 9.5.20 (the latest) & have never experienced the issue you’re dealing with. If you’re willing, we can compare graphic configuration if your setup is similar. Let me know.

Panther,
Thanks for the info. I’m running Cubase Artist 9.5.20 on an HP Pavilion laptop with i7 processor, Windows 10 Fall Edition with the Intel HD Graphics 3000. Nothing special here it seems. Good to hear it works for you. It also WORKS for me on Cubase 9.0. Right now when I want to use lanes I start up the old 9.0 version. So my conclusion is this is not specifically a hardware problem, but is a result of SOME change in the software of 9.5 release. If I don’t hear anything this week I am going to try calling Steinberg support again and see if I can talk directly with a developer to chase this down.

I managed to solve my issue. I’m also using intel HD3000 graphics. Here’s the reply I got from Steinberg support recently. Hope this helps.

To solve your issue, please initialise Cubase preferences:

• Close all programs.
  • Open the ‘Run’ command prompt.

Press the Windows logo key + R simultaneously.

• In the command line of the ‘Run’ window, enter this path: %appdata%/Steinberg
  • Locate the folder which is named the same as your Steinberg program, for example ‘Cubase 8’.
  • Rename it (for example to “Cubase 8 hidden”) in order to hide it from Cubase.
  • Important: If you find folders of previous Cubase versions, make sure to hide or remove them, too.

Next time you start Cubase, a new folder with fresh preferences and default settings will be created - which hopefully fixes the problem you’ve experienced.

Preferences that you have grown accustomed to and that have taken a lot of time to configure - the key commands (Key Commands.xml) for instance - can be copied from the inactive folder to the newly created active preferences folder at a later point.

Hi,

This is exactly what I asked you to do in my first posts. Just trash the preferences.

I’m glad it works too you, now.

MIC2002 - Glad that worked for you. I had tried hiding these preferences before and no luck. I tried again and still have the problem! I double checked that all the Cubase xx folders were renamed. There are other Cubase related folders there, such as Halion, Retrologue, etc. Don’t know if there is any possibility that some other folder has preferences, but certainly nothing in the Steinberg folder with a name starting with Cubase!!

Time to call support again and see if there is any other suggestion.
Bob

I did notice on the last windows 10 update there appeared to be an update for the hd3000 graphics driver - but I’m not sure this was really the cause.

OK, it is now fixed after upgrade to 9.5.30. Took a while but now all looks good. I had called support and they referred it to the development team.
Bob