laptop dilema

Hi everyone…ready to buy a laptop and got it down to 4…Assus N55SF…Lenevo T61…HPelite book 8560w i7 and HP elite book 8760w i7…for use with cubase 64 bit( windows 7) and miroslav philharmonik…atmosphere…superior drummer…trilogy…nexus…Ivory…not much else really…I would be keen to hear any input from anybody with experience of these laptops and does anyone know why the HP elite book 8560w is rated higher than the HP elite book 8760w for audio production ? finding it hard to see why, thanks to anyone that can help me make a final decision, Kevin

They are the same computer with different size screens, the 8560 with an 1920 x 1080 screen is fab BTW, it boils down to how much lugging around you plan to do with your laptop, on a day to day basis a 17" and bigger get annoying to have around, the only bags that fit them properly and do no obstruct your movements are backpacks, so a 15" with a high resolution is a better choice since it is considerably smaller. If you do not plan to travel much with your computer the 17" is better but watch out that the base 8760w model only has a 1600 x 900 resolution, which is a bit sh** for a 17" screen, you will have to pay extra for the 1920 x 1080, remember that in Cubase screen real estate matters a lot

The Intel QM67 Express chipset is not fantastic, but none of the Intel chipsets are really.

I doubt you’ll find anyone who has all 4 for comparison :stuck_out_tongue:
I have a slightly older Elitebook, but I have to say it’s absolutely great. I can do my projects on the lowest buffersize my interface driver allows, it’s rocksolid and it has all the connections I need.