Laptop recommendation for Cubase 8.5

I would like buy new laptop just for Cubase recording. (vocals, guitar, some virtual drums) so I can do a little bit recording stuff and mix on the road.

So, I think to buy this laptop, price is arround $570
Lenovo IdeaPad S340-15API 81NC00EUSC, 15,6 FHD IPS, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 2,10GHz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD PCIe NVMe, AMD Radeon Vega 8, Free DOS.

Would that be good choice for Cubase 8 or Cubase 8.5, I have to check my version I have :slight_smile:

And some USB Audio Interf. like Steinberg UR22 MK2.

Any recommendation would be helpful.

from what I’ve read and my limited experience with my partners Ryzen Laptop I think that should be OK. Ryzen laptops seem to have great DCP latency which makes for a decent DAW machine.

I’d always wipe a new machine though and format the disk and install a vanilla version of the latest windows 10. You’re guaranteed to have no 3rd party bloatware etc then. As it’s a new machine you’ve nothing to loose either if you mess it up :slight_smile: make a note of the windows serial number in case it doesn’t automatically authenticate. It should as it’s the same hardware, just being cautious.

M

Thank you for reply and other info :slight_smile:

1 Like

My lenovo idea pad is says that synosoac bundle is not found on application support.can anyone help me to make my cubase work ,without some trouble shootings

Synosooac bundle