Laptop users with cubase 9.5

Hi, I am curious what models and what processors you guys are using? Exclude Macs please. I am only interested in PC

I use a fairly ancient ThinkPad T510 as my portable Artist 9.5, works fine for recording and MIDI with a handful of VSTis, as long as I keep the reverbs to a minimum. I think any modern i5 or better will run Cubase 9.5 fine, unless you’re into EDM with massive effects. My advice is to go for a higher clock speed rather than more cores, so for example I would choose an i5 running at 3.2GHz above an i7 running at 2.4GHz – it’s also cheaper.

For laptop use I have a MSI GS63VR-7RF. Sports a i7 7700, 16 Gigs RAM, GTX1060 graphics (though you can turn that off and use the intel graphics for Cubase, and battery life). Works great with the UR44 interface and latest drivers. Sports Thunderbolt 3 and I have a USB-C 3.1 external SSD for sample libraries (not TB3 but it plugs into the TB3 port and gives full 10 GB/s transfer speed - easily as good as an internal SSD).

Hi there

I use Elements 9.5 onstage with a Dell i7 3ghz with 8gig RAM and Windows 10 Pro and SSD 120 gig main drive. Interface is a Focusrite 18i8

Works great, never any problems

Best Regards, Dave

I use a Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Intel Core i5 2.3 Ghz, 6 GB RAM with Windows 10 64 bit.
I mainly use this laptop for live gigs with Cubase 9.5 LE because I don’t want to move my usb licenser from my studio PC, but I have used my laptop for recording and mixing with Cubase Pro 9.5 and it works very good.

HP Envy 15 with i7-4700HQ, 16 GB ram, internal SSD

HP Pavillion ( computer spec in my signature below), Focusrite 1818i interface which replaced my UR242.

Some small problems a while ago which were cured by regular hard drive cleaning and defrag-ing.

Works wonderfully now.

Regards.