Large font on Tracks

I love the fonts in the mixer. I can go pretty small and read everything perfectly. It’s meant I can pack more in on the screen and still see what’s going on very clearly.

I agree the track fonts are anomalous in C8.

What is your screen size, resolution and how far it is from you eyes ?

For me plugin names in 7.5 was redable. Now I have trouble to read. But irs great the names are longer now…

I’m 1920x1080, 23". Screens right behind the keyboard.

Yes, the fact you can read the fonts (barely) and that they’re small outweighs the other things, which is why I like the small fonts, even though they’re terribly executed.

The fonts are readable, barely. There are Coke / Pepsi challenges for fonts, that are truly crisp near the same size and width that would have you not wanting these fonts.

But those fonts are very hard to do in 2014, with all its wonky display technology requirements.

Steinberg is not doing “what’s hard” to do with fonts.

They’re doing what’s easy. Which is to just let the fonts slip into the sizes the font engine would like to show at that size, for a given platform.

It’s bad. Below ad-agency-driven pixel-perfect web development standards.

Beatport, the new Pro website, has spent more time on cross-browser fonts than Cubase Pro 8.

Below cross-platform mobile app development standards, but somehow okay for desktop apps because huge screens, of wide PPI specs, make up for it (or at least hide it).

Add to this the unfortunate trend of many Cubase producers using, shudder, 42 inch+ HDTV displays, several feet away, for their main monitors (because of an unfortunate, misguided “EDM studio” fashion) and we have a recipe for disaster.

I could say more, but I’ll stop.

(If I did say more, it might include comments about how the trend includes putting huge, MIDI controllers in front the these monitors, in place of keyboards and mice, for no good reason, so I’m really going to stop now at risk of offending anyone more than I already have. :smiley: )

EDM producers (myself included) put your dang keyboards on a stand, to your side. You don’t need to look at your display monitor(s) when playing a keyboard. And you don’t need a keyboard to enter drums, get 16 pad controller for that. And put your computer keyboard in front of you, only, where it belongs. And if your monitor is above 30" and also less than 2560 pixels in width, it’s not a primary computer monitor for Cubase, it’s a film scoring monitor, for Cubase.

Dear, Steinberg! please add font customization!!

+1

Dear, Steinberg! please add font customization!!

Agreed - this would certainly help as people use Cubase differently and have different needs and visual preferences.

And diffirent monitors, TVs, inches and so on.

here here

would be sufficient to have coherent font beetwen folder and track name.

on 4k monitor it looks much better. They should offer a preference though so users can alter it.

Is there any possibility to reduce the font size of the tracknames?

+1 for font customization. I was looking on the web to find this (perhaps somewhat hidden) function and I landed on this thread. Cubase Pro 8 user here… I would love to have control over when a track name gets split into 2 lines (one above the other) in the bottom of the tracks in the mixer. Also, I would like to have the possibility to make the font of the track names in the mixer and in the arrangement page bold

The font sizes seem rather out of whack in this version.

I read that there is a font hack for version 5 where you can go into the .exe file and change the font; but I can’t get my head around it.

All I would want is to make the track names font less bold, or change it completely.
I so much prefer the look of version 6.5 or Pro Tools in this respect.

Any news on this?

I still have two different size text fonts that show at random. They cannot be changed to a single size font & it’s a dreadful mish mosh looking mess.

Wow. Almost a year soon and no option on that silly font?

How hard is it really to give us a few options. I mean i still make music but I find it really ruins the otherwise good look Cubase 8 has. And most importantly, in Cubase 7.5 it wasn’t an issue. I guess you could argue if its by design then it was the programmers preference which might not match everyone’s. So why hard code it? Makes no sense.

Whip up a quick update to address these visual flaws please, Steinberg. This shouldn’t take years to change. :imp:

Legitimately this large Bold and BLURRY font is preventing me from upgrading to this Cubase version. I was working on it on someone elses computer and it was making me cross eyed every time I try to read a track name (which is all the time) and it was stressing me out. I just couldn’t do it. This HAS to change for me to upgrade to that version of Cubase. Such a dumb thing to be hung up on right? But wow never realized how looking at the wrong blurry font can change your whole experience

Following up…

Do we have any type of custom fonts on CPro 9.5 ?

The mixer gain number are getting too small for my eyes -yes, the font has seemed to have shrunk! :smiley:

-14 LUFS is getting harder to achieve accurately.

Thanks

Any Dev comments on my post?