Large project sluggishness on mode change

First I have to say that I’m loving the freedom 64-bit gives me in project size. My current project is using 575 tracks over 2 hours and 10 minutes of time, and I’m up to just under 15000 audio files. N5.5 is clicking right along. Thanks!

However, I have noticed a sluggishness when I switch in and out of Range Selection mode. I don’t notice this on other more reasonably-sized projects, only on something of this size. Whenever I enter or exit this mode the spinning beach ball appears and I have to wait several seconds for it to resolve. Once it does resolve I’m good to go until I switch out of the mode which results in several more seconds of beach ball. The other modes: split, glue, erase, zoom, etc, don’t seem to have this problem. It’s only if I go into or out of Range Selection mode.

Also, I have noticed a sluggishness when selecting several clips at once.

Thanks!

Darren “Sluggish” Ingram

OK, I’ve been working more with this large project. There is a very definite sluggishness when selecting and deselecting multiple events as well as tracks. The more tracks, the longer the wait. What is going on when I’m selecting/deselecting these things?

I’m seeing that spinning beach ball in my sleep.

Thanks!

Darren “Sluggish” Ingram