Large Time Signatures With Multiple Brackets

Hi all,

I’m wondering if there’s a way I can use large time signatures with this bracket configuration:

Ideally I’d want to just have the time signature at the top where Flute 1 is and then nothing for the rest of the woodwinds. Of course, I could bracket all the woodwinds together but for this job I need them separate.

I’ve tried:

1. Time signatures at bracketed groups (as you see here)
  2. Time signature at system object positions, then adjusting the vertical offset so the top of the time sig is flush with the top of the Flute 1 staff. In this method, the note spacing collides with mid-system time signatures and the Engraving Rules spacing options don’t seem to affect time signatures that are supposed to be above the staff.

Any thoughts on how to make this work would be great!

1 Like

Unfortunately I don’t think there’s anything you can do at the moment. We are thinking about how we might be able to add further configurability for where time signatures centred on brackets can appear in future versions, but at the moment there’s very little in the way of configuration that will give you the kind of result you’re looking for, sorry.

Thanks Daniel. I’ve found an acceptable solution for my client where the woodwinds are all bracketed but the barlines only group Flutes 1, 2 etc. Thank you to you and all the team for the great work!