Large Vsti projects and MR816 crashes

I’ve asked the EW support guy over at Gearslutz to look in to this again.

MC

Hello all,

I have a small update; Yamaha has not finished with the test on PC, once they do they will move to the Mac, for the moment I have only seen customers suffering from this on PC, as soon as we have more information we will inform you ASAP.
Also the UR issue is also under investigation.

Cheers,
GN

Thanks for the update! I hope this can be solved soon.

Any news?

Doh! I just put in an order for a UR824 and one of my primary VSTi is EastWest Symphonic Orchestra… I hope I don’t run into this problem.

I know that EastWest currently have a new version of Play in beta at the moment. It was supposed to be out already, but the beta testers must have encountered some issues.

This is a major upgrade we’ve been working on for more than a year. > We replaced some third party components that were problematic on some systems> , improved the streaming engine, improved overall performance and efficiency, added a mixer page, added background loading, added more advanced instrument properties, and some other improvements.

Seems promising.

I tried out my UR824 with my biggest EastWest projects and haven’t encountered any issues so far. Everything is working as intended.

I don’t think you will have any problems with EWQLSO Gold alone. It’s way too small. The problems start when Play uses more than about 3 GB of memory.

Are there any improvements so far?

No.

Will cubase 7 have a fix for this problem?

Hello all,
As it already has been mentioned, this is not a Cubase problem, but a Memory overflow problem caused by EastWest plug-ins, it should get fixed with the new Play player.

Best regards,
GN

are we still waiting a solution from East West?