Last staff is too short

Hello,

Still working in Dorico 3.5 SE (waiting to buy 4.0 ).
Doing some simple childrens songs for guitar beginners. When I choose to apply fixed bars per staff ( 3 or 4), the last staff, also containing 3 bars is very short (about half of the length of the previous staves). Can I change this in my SE version?

greetings,

Stefaan

Layout options >Note spacing, tick the Justify last system option :wink:

2 Likes

Perfect, thanks for the super quick help!
And my best whishes for 2022.

Stefaan

1 Like

BTW you don’t need to wait to buy Dorico 4. you can buy Dorico 3.5 now and get a free update to Dorico 4 once it’s released.

I tought about that. But maybe if I buy the 4.0, the next update afterwards will be free.
And if I start out with 3.5 the updates after 4.0 won’t. Or am I wrong?

None of the information released to us suggests this as a possibility and I don’t believe Steinberg has done this in the past with either Dorico or Cubase. I also doubt records will be kept of whether individual users qualified for a discount when they purchased Dorico 4. In short, I don’t know for certain but expect that even in the long run, you will save money by taking advantage of the current offer of a paid upgrade to 3.5 and very soon, a free upgrade to 4.

1 Like

You will only get Dorico 5 free if you buy Dorico 4 shortly before D5 comes out, some time in the middle of 2023.

1 Like