Latest AD2 update defaulting to generic kit when opening projects

I’m using Cubase e13. When I save a project all settings/configurations of my plugins have always been saved. Always. When I open Cubase projects they are recalled exactly as I set them. Using XLN online installer (of course) I updated AD2 yesterday to latest version. Now when I open AD2 in a saved Cubase project it defaults to a kit that is not what I saved. I opened many saved projects and it occurs on all. This has never happened with AD2 before for me. This “implies” that XLN did not test the latest update with Cubase before releasing it to the public. What is your experience this week with Addictive Drums 2?

I have contacted XLN support; awaiting a response…

Update/To further clarify:
Over the years I have used many versions of Cubase; the latest being Elements 13 (up to 13.0.40). My work process is to update previous projects, save them by adding a unique name to .cpr(s) while keeping the old files. So I typically have many versions of a specific project. Before posting here today I opened 8 most current projects that had been edited/saved in the last few weeks. Every one opened a default kit instead of the one I originally saved. Later this evening I thought “should I open really old projects to test?” I did and AD2 seems to load correctly. Now I’m investigating if updating Cubase to 13.0.40 and the recent AD2 update are in conflict. And, happily, the old project AD2 settings can be used in newer projects.

…still waiting for XLN support reply…may need to get Steinberg support involved…