Latest input hidden in Galley view

When I enter notes in Galley view, the bar I have just entered sometimes disappears off the left side of the window, so that all I can see is the empty bars ahead. This is annoying because I usually want to check that each bar looks right before I move on. Is it possible to prevent this?

This is a known issue, unfortunately. They’re aware of it.

The temporary fix is to press X, then Z to reset the zoom. That fixes it.

Thanks, Dan. Being a total Dorico newbie, I assumed I must be doing something wrong.

Oh, and… welcome to the forum. :sunglasses:

Actually, I think Dan is thinking of a different situation.

You shouldn’t find that a bar you have just entered moves off the left-hand side of the display. Even when you’ve been inputting right at the right-hand side of the screen, it should move the display so that the end of the previous bar is still in view at the left-hand side of the screen.

It seems to depend how many bars I start with. If I create the project with one bar, the caret eventually gets to the right of the window and stays there, and only the earliest bars get pushed off the left side. But if I start with (say) 32 bars, the caret gets to the right of the window but then jumps to the left, and all I see is empty bars.