Layout frustrations (and Mouse zones revisted)

Greetings all,

I tried searching the topics to see if this was covered and I came up empty. Excuse me if it has already been discussed.

I’m having an issue with Layouts in v8.5 and I’m not sure if this a bug or by design:

I have created several Workspace Layouts for when I’m working with montages. Essentially, I’ve created a layout preset that hides all tabs and windows leaving only the montage tracks in view. The problem that I am experiencing is that when I render a montage track with the option “open resulting audio file” checked, WL will show me the rendered file window when done processing, but when I switch back to my montage the layout preset is disregarded. I see no reason why the layout should change.

One last thing…and I know this has been discussed because I initiated the topic. :slight_smile:

Mouse zones. (as PG rolls his eyes) :slight_smile:

This has to be my biggest and most frustrating issue with the new WL (since V6). I am very fast and accurate when working in WL but the mouse zones in the montage slow my radio production down tremendously. Simply having a 6 track montage open (at regular height) and constantly having to re-click or click away because the cursor has changed from normal to “edit clip effects” mode is maddening. AND, if you have clip effects and you click by accident, your tabs above change to show the Effects tab! This is a great feature if that’s what you intended to do, but very frustrating when you are constantly using the Explorer tab to drag files into your montage and the current tab keeps changing. Ultimately, unless the montage track sizes are larger than normal, making precision music edits or being able to grab and move clips quickly and efficiently is daunting at best with mouse zones enabled. Anyone else here experiencing the same frustrations?

As I migrate the last of our Wavelab 6 workstations to Wavelab 8.5, this is an issue that comes up frequently.

I beg of you, PG…allow us to turn off mouse zones. I am on my knees…begging ! :slight_smile:

Otherwise, as always, I’m devoted and loyal to the end. Wavelab is still, hands down, the best editor out there !

Eric

This has to be my biggest and most frustrating issue with the new WL (since V6). I am very fast and accurate when working in WL but the mouse zones in the montage slow my radio production down tremendously. Simply having a 6 track montage open (at regular height) and constantly having to re-click or click away because the cursor has changed from normal to “edit clip effects” mode is maddening. AND, if you have clip effects and you click by accident, your tabs above change to show the Effects tab! This is a great feature if that’s what you intended to do, but very frustrating when you are constantly using the Explorer tab to drag files into your montage and the current tab keeps changing. Ultimately, unless the montage track sizes are larger than normal, making precision music edits or being able to grab and move clips quickly and efficiently is daunting at best with mouse zones enabled. Anyone else here experiencing the same frustrations?

If you speak about the problem when the mouse hovers around the clip name, causing unattended effect window switching, then yes, this has been identified and fixed for next patch.
Else, I don’t see what you mean.