LE move to new computer issue

Hi,

I have an issue I need some help with. I am currently running Cubase AI LE 9.5 on my Win Computer. Recently the computer has started to have some tech issues and so I need to change to a new a computer, but my issue is this.

I have all my projects saved on current computer, and also the software is registered for use on this computer. How do I transfer the LE software to my new computer and the registration without the new to again purchase it and how do I transfer my saved projects to new computer without the loss of any data?

Thank you.

Make sure your CB is registered in your MySteinberg account. Then install your LE onto the new computer. Follow the reactivation procedure if your license is on a soft eLicense. If the license is on a usb dongle, move the dongle to the new computer.

Copy all of your project folders to the new computer.

If applicable, install 3rd party VSTs onto the new computer.

Regards. :sunglasses:

Thanks for this.
But my original free version of LE was a download, so where do i access the download to install on my new computer?
And how do I copy and paste the folders? The last time I tried this, my folders disappeared from my computer! So want to make sure I do it right this time so pardon my most basic question.

I went to reactivate my license but it keeps asking for the new Soft -e-Licenser number! But I don’t have one, I only have my old number belonging to the software I have on the computer. I’m trying to reactive the new license onto my new computer that has not got the Cubase AI 9.5 installed because it is on the other computer and it was a download I got when I purchased a Steinberg product. So how do I move my Cubase software from the other computer to the new computer??

Look at this to see if it helps. If your software was registered in your MySteinberg account you should be eligible for the upgrade and where to download it.

https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/360011791099-FAQ-Free-update-to-latest-Cubase-AI-Cubase-LE-version-for-all-registered-users

The new soft eLicense # should show up as listed in the steps for reactivation. If not, I would contact support.

How to copy your project folders… not sure what computer OS you have but, for a windows computer I would use File Explorer to go to the project folders. Right click on them and copy to a device (like a usb key). Then connect the key to your new computer and paste them where you want.

Regards :sunglasses:

Interesting, I never received any mail about any free updates or upgrade! So how do i access this if I can’t get the eLicenser Control Centre to work. I’ve downloaded it and it does not seem to work, so I uninstall it again and reinstall and still it does not!

when I open the eLicenser Control Centre I get the following message:

Application “LCC2” has caused the following error:
2020-06-26T22:45:24.202
DCOM connection to program “Synsopos.exe” failed
No such interface supported (0x80004002)

From the Steinberg searchable support help center page.

Regards. :sunglasses:

What is going on with this issue? I have it too and have not been able to fix it.
I have not been able to use Cubase for 6 months now and started using Mixbus.
Why does Steinberg sell software that you can’t use? Why don’t they fix this?

Did they fix this in the new release Cubase 11?