LE5 problem with ELicenser

I installed Cubase LE5 today and then downloaded new and current version of e-Licenser. I got my license activated at Steinberg site but the e-Licenser doesn’t work now or allows the Cubase Le5 to open, the message I keep getting says (when I open eLicenser Control Center:

Application ‘LCC’ has caused the following error: DCOM connection to program 'Synsopos.exe failed.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Cubase Le5 three times and still nothing was fixed and I unstalled and resintalled ELicenser three times too and nothing is fixed, please help. How do I get it all running again???

Did you re-authorize with the # from the original eLicense before you updated it?

Hi,

I also had troubles with the eLCC (though not the same you mention). I had to acquire an Activation Code by telephone calling Steinberg.

But even before I activated LE5 with this code, I reinstalled the eLCC program (for the 3rd or 4th time), and then suddenly the program seemed to work okay. I surfed on internet and found quite some posts that this eLCC program (which is, by the way, not Steinberg software) is a constant source of problems. I don’t understand why a 1st class company as Steinberg uses the unstable and unpredictable eLCC.

For your problem I would say: reinstall eLCC (maybe a couple of times) and if that doesn’t help call Steinberg directly.

Please go to http://www.elicenser.net/en/latest_downloads.html and download and install the latest version of the eLicenser Control Center.

Next shut down and restart your computer.

Hope this helps.