Learning about Chord Track capabilities

Maybe I missed it, but I have not yet found a complete explanation of the apparently very many possibilities offered by the new Chord Track feature.
Unfortunately, I do not know German, but I get the impression that someone from Cubase, responsible for this feature, is providing a lot of info here: Cubase 7 - Chord Track « Michael Michaelis
If I am correct, would it possible to provide this information for us poor non-German speakers?
If there is any other good source of info, beyond, of course, the manual, I would like to know.

Hello - if you have the Google Toolbar installed on your system, there is an option to translate the text to English. It worked seemlessly for me.

I wish I can read German or “Google English” to read this tutorial as it seems great.
It would be even better if someone could make a similar tutorial in english… :wink:

Have you seen this video?

Covers most bases and very informative.

Sure I did… Its good to combine both the sources :slight_smile:

And now we have this Tips and Tricks starting. I hope it gets into details!

http://links.steinbergmedia.mkt4598.com/ctt?kn=21&ms=NTczNTY4NgS2&r=MjM2MDQ4MzkyMTkS1&b=0&j=Njc5OTk1MDMS1&mt=2&rj=Njc5OTk1MDMS1&rt=0

Does anyone know of a way to get the chords from the chord track to display in the score editor?

Great :slight_smile:) I hope it will go really deep into it :slight_smile:

You need a “regular” MIDI track open in the Score Editor. Then, Scores menu>Advanced Layout>Show Chord Track.

Score settings, Layout Tab, put a check mark under the “C” column.

I seem to have a difficult time getting to see the video on the above link. On the “Tips and Tricks” section, there are 3 videos but any of them turn to a web page in German with no video.

On this link in can only get to the line that says" Watch the Video". It only reloads the page

I had this problem once, using Chrome browser, but saw it using Internet Explorer. However, later today, it worked in Chrome also, so the problem is probably on my side.

Interesting , I have actually had a few other problems with Chrome . I read somewhere , I think here on the forum, that some of the registry changes mess up Cubase.

With that always in the back of my mind, I agressively avoid downloading it and have deleted it probably 4 times in the last 3 months with updates on adobe or java or one of those.

They must love the questionnaire at the end asking WHY I uninstalled it…hope they have a thick skin :unamused:

This method works like a charm! Thank you so much. The people at Steinberg support told me that it can’t be done. They should read this so they can pass this info on to others.

Excellent! This is one of two methods I learned from people in this forum. This method is even faster than the other one I learned.

Thank you so much! Now I can do lead sheets in a few seconds as opposed to a few hours and I don’t have to worry about entering any errors in the process.

Just in case somebody did not notice, veeeeeeeeeeery slowly, info about Chord Track is coming out in the Tips and Tricks section:
http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/tips_and_tricks.html

I think Chord Track has so many capabilities, that spending time on a Drum track as is done in video II is a waste.
But, oh well, better than nothing.

Thanks for the above links to the videos and the tips for displaying the chord track in the score editor. I’m starting to find the chord track a very useful composition tool, so all credit to Steinberg for another great innovation.

Also, in case someone actually abstained from clicking on the first two videos on the link to the German site from the OP, they are in English. I am not sure a link to the translated site works, but there’s no harm in trying.

New: Cubase 7 Tutorial: Working with the Chord Track Part 3

Nice. Thanks for posting… :wink:

The sax audio file used, is a stereo file though, isn’t it…? He distinctly says just before he demonstrates, that this technique will only work with mono source audio material. Is he just loading the stereo file onto a mono track… or what…? Not getting it…