Learning Projects

Hi,
I wasn’t sure where to post.
I’m fairly new to it all. I downloaded a “learning project” Steinberg had on the site some time ago called 8 Good Reasons. I finally got around to looking at it and had a question on something I couldn’t make sense of. Planned to come here to ask some nice person to point me in the right direction when I thought I should see if there is any more “learning projects” first. I’ve navigated around the site and now can’t for the life of me find where that “8 good reasons” project was/is located". I guess my first question is can someone point me in the direction of these example project downloads Steinberg has somewhere on the site?
Thanks,
G

Towards the bottom of the page.

Steinberg usually release 1 demo project with each major version of Cubase. You can also download the projects for older versions, they should work as well. (The drum track might be an exception because they replaced Groove Agent One in Cubase 8. I believe you can still install it if you want to use it though)

Thanks for that.
Ok who would like to help a relative newbie understand one part of that 8 Good Reasons demo project I don’t get.
I’m working my way through the various vocal outputs and sends to learn how this particular project has structured the vocals paths. I get how they have used send, reverbs, some delays etc but one part I don’t get is the vocal track labelled Voc Chorus Double (R). It’s probably something basic for you guys but I don’t get how the track is panned dead centre, its output to Back Vox is panned centre yet it has two distinct separate vocal performances on the one track sounding hard left and hard right. I just don’t quite understand as yet how that was/is achieved.
I guess it’s something to do with the (R) in the tracks title which I assume refers to it being recorded individually or something. I just don’t understand how I can solo that one track which is panned centre output and get two audio vocals sounding hard left and right.
Does anyone want to have a go at explaining that to an untrained writer.
Thanks,
G

It is a stereo clip and channel so it will sound back on both left and right channels with the panner on centre.

That (R) signifies that the track was created by the “Render in Place” function. There are a few reasons why you might want to do that. One is to get a stereo track from a mono track recording. Check it out in the operation manual starting on page 172 or just search “Render in Place”.

Regards :sunglasses:

Thanks guys,
I know it seems annoying for people to ask simple stuff but I’m a bit isolated and have no “circle to learn within”. I’m also really a part time singer/songwriter and I’m just trying to get a little knowledge as I go when I can find the time. I appreciate it. From this I’ve done my first render in place and learnt some more, Thanks again.
G.

Keep beating! They bleed in the nose, the problems! :sunglasses: