Learnt what I normally do in WL5 in WL7 in 30mins

I have been delving into WL7 and found it very similar to WL5 which I have.

There was a lot of people saying it was very different and it really isn’t as far as
PQing a disk manually goes.

What has signiificantly changed ?

cheers

The window structure; this has upset a lot of people. Also some keystrokes changes, which affected others. And there’s no decent manual - only a pdf of the help system (which is quite good help, but not a manual!) and a brief description of the changes.

For my part I have found no difficulty continuing to use the program, though it is harder to fit what I want onto the screen at the sizes I’m used to.

Paul

Yes … for me also WL7 actually worked better and was quite intuitive. I can’t explain why. I’ll be honest and say I was looking at going back to another mastering program before WL7. But now I know I can’t look back.

WL7 just integrates better with the way I work and that’s what it’s all about at the end of the day.

Now, if only we had the capacity to ‘object edit’ …

Paul, I’ve looked at Samplitude object editing briefly, but I didn’t really see anything that couldn’t be done with Wavelab’s clip plugins, so I would consider Wavelab to be object editing. What is it you can do with Samplitude (or another program’s object editing) that you can’t do with Wavelab? (I only looked briefly so I probably missed some things, but that’s why I’m asking).

bob99 …

Apologies for delay in replying. Been under a lot of pressure (not a bad thing I guess).

Anyway … I don’t know about S’tude, but in S*quoia it is possible to actually create an object (region) within a track and employ what they call 4 point editing. An object can be defined in a way that’s not a ‘rectangular’ selection.

You can also actually insert plugins via a dialogue that only applies to that object. I have never used SADiE but I think it’s also got a 4 point editing thing that’s a bit the same as well. These effects etc remain relative to and move with the object. This is a feature, along with an advanced destination/cut capability, which can very occasionally be useful if you are doing intensive editing.

I’m not at all sure that I’ve explained this capacity very well … but it’s definitely not the same as anything in WL that I’ve found.

Now, I accept that there are easy and pretty good workarounds in WL and I rarely miss this feature. And I add that I never quite found a ‘fit’ with S*quoia and that’s why I don’t use it.

WL actually does more than a few things much better than S*quoia IMHO.

Thanks Paul.