Leave off-line plugin window open (do NOT auto-close after processing)
continue to have control over timeline/selection
This request goes back over two and a half years.
Example case study:
I like to denoise offline in many situations simply because my source clips are too numerous to simply setup one denoiser per track. And i’d rather not automate it. Here’s what I currently have to do in Nuendo:
- I select a region to capture noise.
- I instantiate iZotope RX denoiser, select “learn”, hit play.
- Save as preset.
- Close plugin
- Select the region to be denoised.
- Open iZotope RX again
- Load the preset.
- Apply the process and window closes.
If I now want to do it again to a new region with a different noise profile I have to repeat ALL 8 steps!!!
In Pro Tools here’s what would happen:
- Open iZotope RX (audiosuite).
- Select area that has noise profile.
- Select “learn”, hit play.
- Select the region to be denoised and hit denoise.
Done. And since the window remains open I can move on to the next region without going back to step one. So instead of 8 steps I’m down to 3.