Left Brain ? Right Brain ?

Which ear do you more frequently use to answer the phone ?

• Left
  • Right

0 voters

I read an article today that got me thinking about musical creativity. Something most of us here likely share. The story was on brain side dominance. Studies appear to indicate that 5% of the population is right brain dominant, a component of recognition, emotion, music, intuition and creativity. Subsequently 95% of the population is left brain dominant and is best at languages, numbers, critical thinking, logic and reasoning.

This article goes further in that it seems to identify that the side of your head that you use your phone on could be indicative of your brain dominance.

I wonder if this is true in that MUSICALLY CREATIVE persons might be right-brain users and use the phone on the LEFT SIDE !

No brains!

Yes … I use my RIGHT hand to anwer the phone, because I’m RIGHT-handed … which is because my LEFT brain has better motoric skills. Now when it comes to these:

Studies appear to indicate that 5% of the population is right brain dominant, a component of recognition, emotion, music, intuition and creativity. Subsequently 95% of the population is left brain dominant and is best at languages, numbers, critical thinking, logic and reasoning.

I can find no correlation with my own skills. Quite opposite.

Aloha k and kool question.

I believe that since most folks are right handed
they would tend to hold the phone in their
left hand so that they could ‘dial’ and use the touchscreen
with the hand that has more accuracy. That being the right hand.

That being said I am right handed but when playing
hockey, I shoot left.

I also use the phone in my right hand.
and I some times drive on the wrong side of the road.
(hate when that happens)

—go figure
{‘-’}

I only use speaker phone these days minimize the rads :laughing:

When I was reading about this it did mention right and left handedness however, it also noted that it was the referring to the predominant use in answer and using …not necessarily dialing and also whether hearing loss or other brain malady s shifted the result.

I know I’m right brained, I just wish I knew how to use it !

I would wile away the hours,
Conferrin’ with the flowers,
Consultin’ with the rain…
And my head I’d be scratchin’,
While my thoughts were busy hatchin’,
If I only had a brain!

Where?? Is he back?? :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

{‘-’}

i’m ambidextrous…guess i’m really screwed

you are not screwed at all, you are just one of the few that gets to use the whole brain in balance!

For myself, I’m left handed which they say puts me in my right mind. However, growing up in a right hand world I am still confused about left-right directions…bat, golf right, tennis left, phone right, find that right hand sissors in the left hand can create reverse pressure to make even bad sissors perform better than a right hander. Guitar right, mixing balanced mostly :laughing:

“necessitation”, you just invented a new word Steve, gotta love you yanks :smiley: !

Mauri.

Totally, thats my answer also !!

The right brain is not the left. However, if you take your commando pants three separations from twice December gravy train you just might find a slightly perceivable irregularity which will only sometimes intertwine with the false perceptions of your tainted realistic beliefs about so-called fortune telling goblins and hob-goblins who determine the final destination of the spherical meanderings of false prophets and sacred demonic Hell tribe evangelist boobies.

YMMV :neutral_face:

Oh, yeah … I use my right hand on my phone on my right ear because that’s the “right” way. Unless I need to “write” something at the same time - then it’s left hand on phone on right ear, right hand grasping writing apparatus.

The only time I use my left hand is when I have to (playing guitar, holding things for my right hand to do more accurate damage, when I want it to feel like someone else, etc.).

What makes us smarter than average is the ability to seek out the information we fail to possess.
Good Job… I would have gone with it being a verb…necessitating something sounds like action :wink:

There is an evil monkey living inside my brain. He tells me what to do, and how to do it. Left brain, right brain? What about the evil monkey brain?!?!?!?

:laughing:

He will sleep 'til noon, but before it’s dark,
He’ll have every pic-a-nic basket that’s in Jellystone Park!