Left channel playback only in Dorico

One of my Dorico projects only plays back on the left channel of my speakers. This remains the case if I plug headphones in. Other projects and other programs play back normally. If I export the project as audio, it also plays back normally. The mixer doesn’t show any pan in operation. If I pan hard right, there is no sound at all. I have tried re-setting the Playback Templates. The pan options within Halion are also all set to centre.

I’m completely stuck here, any help would be much appreciated!

Welcome to the forum, Joe (hope I’m making a correct assumption about your name there!). If the problem affects only one project, can you please attach it here? If you’re not comfortable doing that, you can email it to me at d dot spreadbury at steinberg dot de and I’ll take a look.

No luck uploading here (too large), but I’ve sent it to you. Thanks so much for the prompt reply.

I have this issue as well with my project. Do you remember what the fix was? Many thanks!

Welcome to the forum, Jonno. Probably the fix is to remove the audio engine data from inside the project. If you want to send the project to me by email (see above), I can do this for you.

Thanks so much! For some reason it’s working now! When I had the problem and gave my computer a restart it was still doing it, but now it seems to have fixed and I wasn’t able to catch why. Thanks for following up!

Hello Daniel, I’ve got the same Problem, like joebatesmusic and Jonno, my file only plays back on the left channel. Can I send you the file, or can you describe, how one can solve the problem?

Thanks so much for everything!

Or send it to ‘u dot stoermer at steinberg dot de’ and I’ll fix it for you.