Left click plus alt/option

Hi - I’m sorry to put up such a basic query but I have been struggling with this for a day now - I have looked through the manual and preferences but not seen an obvious solution.

I am using the lastest version of cubase 10.5 on an imac with a track pad and the CC121.

My first problem was with send from VST instrument channels - I just couldnt get the drop down menu to work by ‘left’ clicking on it. Then I noticed a range of other things where left click or left drag just didn’t work inc dragging faders up and down in the mixer, controls on the channel strip plug ins amongst other things

Eventually, after much headscratching and experimenting I worked out that I needed to hold down alt/opt at the same time as left click or left drag - I was surprised as these seem fairly basic functions that, say, in Logic pro x, wuld just be a straight left click or drag.

I’m guessing I have some sort of simple preference/key cmd setting set up incorrectly somewhere but for the life of me I can’t find it or do these actions need alt plus left click/drag

Thanks

Hi,

I would probably recommend to (backup and) trash your Cubase preferences, or use Cubase Safe Start Mode and disable the preferences.