Left Zone issues - Cubase 13 Pro

Hey all

Here’s a wierd one in Cubase 13 Pro!
As you can see, my left zone is active (selecting it works fine) but I am missing all the tools/functionaly within i.e. Inspector, Visability, Zones, Editor.
I have right and left clicked pretty much everywhere I can think of and cannot find the menu to get them to show up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Karl

Hi,

Could you try in the Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], please?

1 Like

Hi Martin

Thanks for the help, I tried this a few times but unfortunately this didnt work.
I am reverting to Cubase 12 Pro until this is sorted out.

Steps to reproduce:
1: Open Left Zone window.
2: Hide Visability and Inspector windows.

There is now no way of getting them back.
The reason I started messing with this initially was because the inspector window was empty and not updating any selected track information. I suspect this issue may have something to do with the new Channel feature but I realise this could also just be an issue my end however, opening the same project in 12 Pro works fine.

My System:
PC
Windows 10
Nvidia RTX380
Intel 9700k

Cheers

Karl

Hi,

Sorry, I don’t understand your steps. What do you mean by the Left Zone window? Do you mean the Channel?

Have you tried to rename all Cubase versions preferences folders, please?

Hi Martin

See in the red square highlight:
Show/Hide Left, Right and Lower and Channel zones

Cheers

Hi,

I know these buttons. But I don’t understand your description. How do you “Hide Visibility and Inspector windows”, please?

Do you mean:

• Show Left Zone
  • Hide Left Zone

Hi

Here is a side by side image of my Left Zones in Cubase 12 pro and 13 Pro.
Cubase 12 Pro on the left, Cubase 13 Pro on the right.

Cubase 12 shows:
Inspector
Visibility
Track
Editor
You can right click any of these tabs, a menu will appear.
Right Click

Cubase 13 shows nothing. There is nothing to click on at all.
I dont know how to get my left zone in Cubase 13 back to normal, where is shows the Inspector and Visibility tabs.

Cheers

Karl

Hello Karl, have you tried a “right” mouse click in the empty field. Usually that opens a window where you can select and open the setup window of the section that is completely blank in your case. Since it is impossible to deselect all items (a minimum will remain) I don’t think that this is the reason but worth a try?

Hi Doedel

Thanks for the help but no this doesnt work either, right clicking gives me the tools buttons menu.
See image below:
Its a wierd one :face_with_diagonal_mouth:
I am happy to keep using 12 Pro instead, I am not a massive fan of 13’s UI anyway to be honest.
But if we find a fix, Awesome!

Cheers

Right click

Hi,

I would rename/remove all Cubase version preference folders.

Cubase Preferences folders are:
Mac: ~/Library/Preferences/Cubase X
Win: %appData% Steinberg/Cubase X_64

Where the X is the Cubase version.

1 Like

Hi Karl, that is really strange. If I were you I would un- and re- install CB13. It’s unlikely a CB13 issue rather than a installation error or any hardware conflict.
Good luck & let us know if and how you fixed it.

Hey all

Thanks Martin and Doedel for your patience and advice.
If anyone else reads this post, if I could advise you to not hide the Inspector or visibility windows in the left zone as you will probably find yourself in the same position as I am.

Because there seems to be no way around this other than a complete reinstall and removal of all preferences to cubase, I am going to see this as a Cubase 13 bug …for now.
The fact that new Channel features have been added to 13, it makes more sense to me than not that this is a work in progress and this bug is a result.

I should also point out this was a Cubase Pro 12 to 13 upgrade installation, not a standalone 13 install.

I ll keep looking but like I said, 12 Pro works just fine while I wait.

Cheers and thanks again!

Hi,

I’m hidding the Left Zone and the Channel quite often.

I hope, it will work for you, now.

Hi Martin

Your solution worked, renaming the Cubase13_x64 returned everything to normal.

Thanks for you help :slight_smile:

1 Like