lengthen number of characters in track names

Hi everyone

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to lengthen the number of characters in the name of the rack instrument tracks (See attachment…)

I’ve tried lengthening the Track name width of all the tracks in the Track Controls Setting Dialog, but it doesn’t seem to have an effect on this track.

Not even sure what the purpose of this track is, perhaps someone can fill me in on that too…seems unnecessary…

Thanks for any advice!

-Dylan
Screen Shot 2016-07-22 at 5.34.12 PM.png

I’m not sure what those tracks are but for the track names to the File>Preferences>Event Display>Tracks menu and adjust the “Default Track Name Width”. It will only go up to “14” (default is 7). Better than nothing. :wink:

Regards :sunglasses:

Yes I changed that to 14 but still no luck
Does Cubase really have a limit to how many characters show up in the track name? cmon what year is this!

1 Like

You can do this but it’s very unclear - like a lot of the new GUI stuff Steiny are doing at the moment.

A picture will say a thousand words -

You need to type your track width directly into the width box next to ‘Name’ in Visible Controls.

It’s greyed out to start with - which makes you think you can’t edit it, but you can!

Go mental - the max is 1000!

2 Likes

Thanks Vinylizor

I did not realize that, but unfortunately, that doesn’t solve the problem…

The tracks in question are the ones in the attachment. Not sure what their function is, but they are named after the Rack Instrument they correspond to.
I lengthened all the track name widths in the Track Controls Settings, but none of them affected these particular tracks.

Maybe an alternative solution would be to remove these tracks entirely, does anyone know if that is possible?

I name the folders they are contained in the same thing anyway, so they seem redundant in this case