While I was writing my excel-sheet about the menus (see: https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=246&t=151896&p=816497#p816497), I remarked some inconsistencies there. Perhaps this is rather a beta testing issue, but I name them anyhow here in the forum. You could say that this is simply pedantic, but Dorico is such a brilliant app, that it should go for perfection. So these are my observations:
- Menu: Write > rhythmic grid > Dotted 16th(Semiquaver) should be named dotted semiquaver
- Menu: Write > Add Intervals Popover (this is the only popover, which is also named “popover”. Is that done on purpose?)
- Menu: Window > shortcuts (the first letter is lowercase); by the way, what is this menu item for? For me it shows no effect.
- Throughout there are some incoherent lowercase and uppercase letters. For example “above” or “below” are written sometimes uppercase and sometimes lowercase (see for example: Edit > Clef > Concert Pitch > Alto clef 8 below compared to Edit > Cross Staff > Cross to Staff Below). Perhaps that’s a semantic curiosity of the english language which I’m missing completely, being not a native speaker. But it also happens with the words “to” or “into” and others. So perhaps it still needs a bit proof-reading?
- There is an Inconsistency between the menu and the left panel between the british and the american way of writing note names. In the menu the american way is preferred and the british is in brackets (see: Write > Rhythmic Grid) and in the left panel it’s the other way around. A sidenote from Switzerland: for geman speaking countries the american way is really easier, because we have the same system. This british “semidemihemilemi” whatever confuses me still.
- The Right Panel shows on mouseover some keyboard shortcuts and some not. The showing of the title and the shortcut is really useful for starting out with Dorico or learning those shortcuts by heart, as I am doing in the moment, so it would be a help, when it’s done consistently everywhere.
- The same commands in the submenus are not alphabetized in the same way (see: File > Import and File > Export)
I hope you do not understand what I wrote as nagging around, because I really like Dorico. But it’s some sort of division of labor. You can concentrate on the programming and us users, we can do the proof-reading and reporting it back to you.