Let's talk about parts

Thanks a lot john.

Is there are sort of forecast? Like before second semester
Wish you all the best

I’m not sure when the second semester starts, but the development of these features will take some time, and we need to fill in some more fundamental gaps in the program’s capabilities before we can return to this area. When we do, though, I’m sure you’ll be very happy with what we come up with.

Did anything ever come of this? From what I can tell, it is still not possible to have 2 trumpet parts per staff in the score while offering separate layouts for 1st and 2nd trumpet. I have to do arrangements for full orchestra and choir in the next month. If this is not available, then I will have to do those projects in Finale.

Not yet. It’s coming, but you’ll have to be patient.

I think there might be a small variation on this that has not been mentioned in this thread.

Of course it is possible to have 1st and 2nd trumpet in the score and as separate parts – only not automatically.

Enter the music in the score in 1st and 2nd as two voices in one player. When done, create two new players and copy the music there. Delete 2nd voice in one part and 1st voice in the other. Show only 1st-and-2nd player in the score (hide the two other players).

Admittedly a workaround, but if you try it you will see that it does not take that much time.

Or do it the other way around: create two solo players, input the music, then use the new reduce command to merge them onto another ‘condensed player’.
Either way, you’ll certainly not loose remotely as much time as you would loose with all the tweaking and nudging around you need to do in Finale.