Libby's Lullaby

This one is on my CD released a while ago but I wanted to share it here. I’m really fond of this tune It features one of the most soulful trumpet players I’ve ever heard Hollie Farris. Hollie was James Brown’s band leader for 30yrs if you Google him there is so much to hear,and now he’s working with Joss Stone. I waited months for him to get off road so he’d play this… I might be going a bit far but he reminds me of Miles…Also my main man Glen Caruba on percussion
Hope you guys like it,
http://vibedeck.com/kennyzarider/libbys-lullaby

You been playing with the pencil tool in Paint for that album cover? :sunglasses:
The recording sounds great, You did a great job of getting all the individual instruments stick out.

amazing depth of field. yes I hear the shades of miles in hollies emotional playing. I like how the piano and trumpet joined up at times and opposed at others. theres an interesting mystery at times that really kept me there for the next passage. love this smooth stuff, excellent track.

Yes, like the overall sound, and the trumpet is wonderful. Nice job!

Trumpet is wonderful. The piano player ain’t bad either. :wink:

Lovely progressions, unique.

Audio bliss on a stick.

Nice, dense, introspective and yet strangely accessible song. I’m curious – was this multi-tracked? It sounds like 2 mics were put up in front of the stage in a theater. Which is to say, it’s perfectly mixed I think

Nice minor13 chords :sunglasses:

Your stuff makes me want to return to my roots, which were in Jazz

Trumpet is wonderful. The piano player ain’t bad either. > :wink:

Lovely progressions, unique.

Audio bliss on a stick.]

Thanks Brother! I got to play that with 2 of my favorites Hollie and Glen Caruba…Glen is a master of sound, if reincarnation happens I want to come back as Glen so I can make noises all day long lol

Nice, dense, introspective and yet strangely accessible song. I’m curious – was this multi-tracked? It sounds like 2 mics were put up in front of the stage in a theater. Which is to say, it’s perfectly mixed I think

Nice minor13 chords > :sunglasses:

Your stuff makes me want to return to my roots, which were in Jazz

I always hate to admit stuff but here I go, The piano was Ivory which I used prior to getting Vienna Grand…The Bass is Trillian…The horn ensemble are Vienna Instrument Cube all Verbs are Altiverb which is what gives the you are there room sounds. All that was recorded in cubase…The trumpet is recorded with a Royer ribbon and the percussion is recorded at JazzCat studio in Nashville by my friend Denny Jiosa http://jiosa.com/jazz-cat-studio/ Denny also mixed this for me on the equipment you see in photo. The trumpet parts are written out and Hollie added so much by interpreting them in ways the paper doesn’t say. Hollie and Glenare super fast in studio, real pros

The first recording I heard of yours was great Jazz stuff! I like to play shuffles and rock- reggae best, it’s so funny how we all wish to be doing what we currently aren’t :slight_smile: How’s the Korg keyboard? I played one at store a while ago and drooled for days after

Hi Kenny,

This is another great tune! :sunglasses:
It really sounds like a live recording, well done!

It must be great to have access to wonderful players like Hollie and Glen.
They both did an outstanding job.

Thanks for sharing,
Wim

Wim, you are world class and one day I hope to come there with a couple of people and get the opportunity to play with you. I really mean this. My friend Denny is trying to hook a tour there next year so maybe then???

Kenny, I’m honoured! I’d love to play with you! :sunglasses: