Licence Activation Issue (Trial Version)

I’m having a problem with my trial version licence activation. The licence is good until March 29th, but each time I open Cubase, I get an alert telling me that I have less than a day left to use the software. (Image attached)

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!
Screen Shot 2016-02-29 at 1.36.12 AM.png

Even opening it today, it still says 23 hr 21 min. Very peculiar.

There is a misunderstanding about the way the time limitation of your trial license works:
The 24 hours limitation is not a time period during which you are allowed to use Cubase, but instead, you are allowed to use Cubase for a total of 24 hours.

For example, you could use Cubase for 24 consecutive hours, or you could use Cubase one hour each day, for 24 days, or any other combination that amounts to a total of 24 hours of usage.

From your screenshot, it seems you’ve used Cubase for about 40 minutes, therefore you have about 23h:20m of usage time left.

Yeah but that doesn’t explain it at all. This very same message with the same amount of time left was shown regardless of how much I used the software.

Doesn’t matter now though, already upgraded.

does anybody know how to get the activation code to start the expired free trial version? I downloaded the freebee, I like it, and now i want to buy it. how do I just buy the activation for the cubase 8 iv’e already downloaded?

You can buy it here: Cubase: Music Production Software - DAW | Steinberg

In some countries you’re not allowed to buy the full version online from the Steinberg shop, only upgrades. I would recommend buying the boxed version from a local store since it may be cheaper than buying from Steinberg directly, and it helps your local distributor stay alive. Unopened boxed versions of Cubase 6 and above qualify for a Grace Period update, meaning you’ll get Cubase Pro 8.5 for free.

If buying a boxed version would be impractical, you can buy a Cubase Elements license, drag and drop it into your USB dongle using the eLicenser Control Center and then buy a Cubase Pro 8.5 upgrade.

Also just a little heads up, your question has nothing to do with rvandrie’s original question. People often don’t see these off-topic questions, meaning they also are commonly left unanswered. Next time if you’re not sure if the question is on-topic I would recommend just starting a new thread.

I’ve downloaded halion 6 free trial to see I like it before purchasing it. I received a activation code but it don’t seem to be a good code. Can you tell me if I’m missing something. That’s the code they emailed me.

how can I get my new e licensor ID