licence expirated

hello,
i have bought a zoom r16 and my licence is expirated
what could i do???

thanks for your help

Hello Tomz99

To receive an activation code for your LE OEM Software please close all other programs and download and run the following file:

For Windows:

http://support.steinberg.de/eLC/eLC_Installation_Helper.exe

For Mac:

http://support.steinberg.de/eLC/eLC_Installation_Helper.dmg

Once you have installed the eLC helper, open the eLicenser Control Center and copy the Soft-eLicenser Number:

To copy a Soft-eLicenser number, open the eLicenser Control Center (eLCC) which can be found in the “Program Files” (Windows) or “Applications” (Mac) folder. Select “Registration” from the top menu, choose the 20-digit Soft-eLicenser number and click on “Copy Serial Number”.

Next, login to your MySteinberg account or create one if you haven’t yet.

http://www.steinberg.net/en/mysteinberg.html

In your MySteinberg account go to MyProducts>Add Software>Select Cubase LE>Cubase LE select the version number you have (LE4, 5, 6 or 7)

Now paste the Soft-eLicenser number into the corresponding field in MySteinberg and select the OEM Partner (The Hardware Manufacture) and click “Continue”

This will provide you with a 32 character activation code that begins with 0240.

To download the license to your computer, open the eLicenser Control Center (For PC: Start menu, All Programs, eLicenser, eLicenser Control Center | For MAC: Applications, eLicenser Control Center). Then click on the green “Enter Activation Code” button at the top left. Follow the instructions to enter your code (you can copy and paste your code using the normal commands).

Your computer needs to be connected to the internet to complete this download.

After following all instructions

Mine says

No products found on this eLicenser

I enter my download access code and it says its already used.

Cubase installed, registration expired, there used to be something in the eliscensers page but nothing.

Anyway, why is it telling me no product?

Thanks

Hello XJNATE,

Please specify the version of Cubase LE that came with your ZOOM R16? I’ve also sent you a private message regarding this.

We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature.

Can’t reply to your private message.

I purchased the UR22 with Cubase LE AI Elements 7

User bridenco at gm.com

Hello XJNATE,

To receive an activation code for your AI license please close all other programs and download and run the following file:

For Windows:

http://support.steinberg.de/eLC/eLC_Installation_Helper.exe

For Mac:

http://support.steinberg.de/eLC/eLC_Installation_Helper.dmg

Once you have installed the eLC helper, open the eLicenser Control Center and copy the Soft-eLicenser Number:

To copy a Soft-eLicenser number, open the eLicenser Control Center (eLCC) which can be found in the “Program Files” (Windows) or “Applications” (Mac) folder. Select “Registration” from the top menu, choose the 20-digit Soft-eLicenser number and click on “Copy Serial Number”.

Next, login to your MySteinberg account or create one if you haven’t yet.

http://www.steinberg.net/en/mysteinberg.html

In your MySteinberg account go to MyProducts>Add Software>Select Cubase AI>Cubase AI select the version number you have (AI7)

If you have Cubase AI7, you will then be asked to enter your Download Activation Code (DAC). This is a 25-digit number, which can be found as part of your product package content with Steinberg hardware
Now paste the Soft-eLicenser number into the corresponding field in MySteinberg and select the OEM Partner (The Hardware Manufacture) and click “Continue”

This will provide you with a 32 character activation code that begins with 0240.

To download the license to your computer, open the eLicenser Control Center (For PC: Start menu, All Programs, eLicenser, eLicenser Control Center | For MAC: Applications, eLicenser Control Center). Then click on the green “Enter Activation Code” button at the top left. Follow the instructions to enter your code (you can copy and paste your code using the normal commands).

Your computer needs to be connected to the internet to complete this download. If you have any trouble with this download let me know.

This eLicenser number has already been registered by another user

so now what?

I’m having the same issue. Bought Focusrite Scarlet Studio on Friday from Guitar Center, registered with Focusrite, got download code, went to Steinberg and it says the code has already been used. Put in service request here and with Focusrite, no replies yet. Guess I either try returning to Guitar Center, or I’m possibly stuck without software. Funny bit is this is the second one I tried, first one had no code card in the box at all. Round trip drive to GC is 2 hours. which I did twice on Friday, and looks like I’ll be doing it again, 6 hours wasted plus gas and mileage on my car…doh!

Steinberg replied and fixed the issue. PC happily running now:-) Thanks!

ok so I have limited time on my hands to sit here and try to sort this out, I wiped windows, started from scratch and followed all instructions to a T and it says once again “The activation code has been used already. An activation code can be used only once to download or upgrade a license. Please contact your software vendor to get a valid activation code.” I’m getting very annoyed.

Hello XJnate,

I have sent you a PM.

I am having this same problem with Cubase 7.5 USB-eLicenser reporting as “This eLicenser number has already been registered by another user”. I am lost as to what to do.

I am having the same issue as DanoInTx. I got a Focusrite Studio for christmas, and it came without some of the product. It had also said the licenses were used by another user. Upon finding these out, I took it back to Guitar Center and got a brand new one shipped from them before they even got a new shipment into that store. But it comes up with the same problem for the activation code. It says it was used by another user.

Sorry, no fix here, just a comment…
I purchased several items that were supposedly “new” from the same place you mentioned (store and on-line) only to find that they were “returned” items. One item, in particular got me boiling. I purchased a handheld recorder online from them. After I opened it at home I found it had a recording of someone flushing a toilet on it. :laughing: now but… :imp: when it happened. Gross. Good luck.

Regards :sunglasses: