Licence issue cubase 10.5

Good morning.
I purchased cubase 10.5 around 10 months ago. All was okay. Had to delete the software due to computer issue. Have finally got around this week to try and reinstall but pulling my hair out. After 3 days thought I would ask the forum for help as Steinberg do not seem to reply.
I have downloaded the licence control center. got my soft elicence number. No product licence though. When I try to enter the activation code I have been sent via email it says it has already been used and activation failed. How do I get a different code or is the software useless now?
thank you in advance.

Hi and welcome on the forum,

Go thru the Reactivation process, please.

Thank you for your reply Martin.

I have tried that a few times and get the message " * There is no Soft-eLicenser to reactivate."
The soft elicencer does appear in my control panel so I must have added that okay.
Barry

Hi,

In that case, the old Soft-eLicenser has not been registered, most probably. Please, get in contact with the Steinberg support.

Thanks
I have done that but they are not very efficient. I will just have to wait.
Would you think it would be better for me to uninstall everything and start again when they eventually help’
Barry

Hi,

No, reinstallation doesn’t solve the issue. The Steinberg support representative has to add the old license (Soft-eLicenser) to your MySteinberg account manually (after you provide the Download Access Code or Activation Code). Then you can reactivate.

If you still have the already used activation code you can use it to register the software in your MySteinberg account. Then do the reactivation.

Thank you misohoza.
Please can you tell me how to do that? I cannot find a way to do it.

Barry

Many thanks Martin

Login to your MySteinberg account. Click the register software… button.

Enter already used activation code.

Thank you to both of you.
Issue now solved. Caused because my software had not been registered correctly last year.
Not sure why but at least it is now working okay.
Barry