License not found After installing Cubase 12

Hello.
I’ve been using Dorico 4 for months with no problems.
Yesterday…I don’t know what make me take the decision to upgrade Cubase 11 to 12…
Since then, cubase is working but Dorico is not working any more. Every time I try to launch it I have the message: No license found (from the Steinberg Activation Manager). The situation is the same, on my desktop and laptop.
I’ve updated the eLicenser Control. Reinstall Dorico.
On the Steinberg A M, only Cubase is present, no more Dorico. In Download Manager, My download, only Cubase 12 in present as well. Of course I can’t use any more my Download Code Access.
Do anybody has any idea how I could fix it?
Thank you.
Jacques.

Sorry to hear you’re having problems, Jacques. Do you have more than one Steinberg ID? Perhaps the problem is that you are using a different Steinberg ID for your Cubase license and for your Dorico license?

Hi Daniel,
Good idea, I need to investigate that solution,
Thank you.
Jacques.

hahahah, exactly that. Is it possible to transfer my Cubase license to my first account?
Thank you.
Jacques.

If you send me a private message with both of your Steinberg ID email addresses, and let me know which one you want all your products to be assigned to, I will ask my colleagues in support to handle this for you: it’s not something I can do myself.

Hello,
A big thank you to Daniel and Anja for sorting out the problem.
Thank you.
Jacques.